Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

P.E.I. man confronts Police and Tow Truck

TowNews

P.E.I. man gets conditional discharge after altercation with police

A P.E.I. man who got into an altercation with the police after he left his truck in a ditch was recently given a conditional discharge.

Shaun Allen Morrison, 33, appeared before Judge John Douglas in provincial court in Charlottetown where he pleaded guilty to resisting arrest.

The court heard that on March 3 the police responded to a report of a truck in a ditch.

No one was with the truck, but the police determined Morrison was the owner.

Crown attorney Lisa Goulden told the court the police contacted Morrison who said he knew the truck was in the ditch and it was fine.

After the police told Morrison they would have the truck towed, he said they would be paying the bill.

Goulden said Morrison later showed up at the scene where he started walking toward the police and the tow truck while carrying a stick.

Morrison refused to tell the police who had been driving the truck, and Goulden said he challenged the police to a fight.

He also unhooked the tow line attached to his truck.

Goulden said it took four officers to restrain Morrison who continued to be combative with guards once he was at the jail.

Morrison told the court he had wanted to get a friend to tow the truck out.

He also said he wasn’t drunk that night and just had a bad temper.

Morrison apologized for his behaviour.

“I was mad,” he said.

With the conditional discharge, Morrison will be on probation for nine months, he must pay $100 to the P.E.I. Humane Society and has to write an apology letter to the police.

RESOURCE LINK

Archived