Quantcast
A100GEORGE

Upside down Motor Club calls

Question

Wondering what others do about MC calls that are Upside Down. mileage wise. 20 mi away to do a 5 or 10 mi tow. 

My idea has always not to go further to do the tow than I am towing it or at least close.  Sometimes I will go if I have something else to do in that area like pick up a part, look at a job ect. 

3 answers to this question

I do calls like that every day. My rates are enough to compensate most times. If not worthwhile at my negotiated rates, I either refuse, or ask for return miles or added fees. Then the MC/client can choose. I am not a non-profit. You have to decide if it works or does not work for you. No one can make you do a call.

Work by the hour.  Guesstimate round trip time, add 30 minutes for loading, quote the job.  CC up front.  Can't loose unless you have a breakdown of your own equipment.

I have pretty good in-route mileage rates with the m/c's i do work with. I usually wont go more than 20 miles for a tow that's only a couple miles unless i know there's a good chance i can catch something else coming back. The way the demographics are around here, most all the rural tows i get are coming back into the city anyway. Sometimes you just have to play it by ear. Like doingitall said,  "no one can force you to do a call". If the numbers just don't work for you, Pass on it. 

Towing And Recovery is not just a job, It's a Lifestyle For only the Toughest Families.Stay Safe My Fellow Towers!!!!

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.