Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Doris L Hill, 73, Bemidji, MN, 01.27.04

ForgivenOne

An old boss and dispatcher of mine has passed away. Doris Hill passed on at Meritcare hospital ion Fargo, ND on Tuesday the 27th, at the age of 73.
She and her late husband Albert had purchased a Mobil station in Bemidji, MN in 1960. In 1976 they sold the station to focus on towing. She did bookkeeping, dispatching, and various other duties up until recent months at Hill's 1'st City Towing, which she and her son, Keith continued to operate after the loss of Albert (some years ago, I am guessing the early to mid 80's).
The funeral will be this Sunday. I plan to attend, as I and many will miss her. She was a great person, who had a heart that was perhaps too big at times, given the nature of the industry.
Thanks, and if you can give her a moment of thought, I am appreciative- L.W.

towguyLW

Thank you for sharing Lyle. Doris sounds like a wonderful woman and your thoughts of her are special. When someone comes into our life and leaves such a lasting impression as she, it makes life more worth it and we are blessed because of it. My thoughts and prayers for her family and you. Take care.

ForgivenOne

It sounds as though Doris was a very wonderful and caring person thru out her life... I am sure that she will be sorely missed due to her generous outlook on life... May the lord watch over her family..

I am so sorry to hear about another one leaving us for the pearly blue skies... I do know that she will rest in peace...

Devin

letsplay2

Thanks to those of you who posted here, and also to those who did like I often do- Gave your thoughts or prayers but did so in silence. Truly, Lyle

towguyLW

Originally Added to Tow411 in 2005:

Archived