News Ticker
  • Many thanks to our sponsors and patrons for their continuous support of our community.
  • Slow Down Move over
Towing Software
wreckerman1

2003 International 4300 stuck in park

I have a 2003 International 4300 with a Allison that won't release the shifter. If you unplug the brake switch on the pedal you can get it in gear, and for now we removed the side cover and we are just manually releasing the shifter. We replaced the Shift interlock solenoid and it worked for a short time then quit working again. Thanks for your time and help.

Did you check the harness for resistance from the switch to the end of the circuit? If the wire is pinched somewhere and you are getting excessive resistance due to a short to ground, or the wire is compromised some other way, that could be the issue. Hopefully you have a good wiring diagram where you are able to isolate the circuit and check the wiring.

2 hours ago, goodmichael said:

Did you check the harness for resistance from the switch to the end of the circuit? If the wire is pinched somewhere and you are getting excessive resistance due to a short to ground, or the wire is compromised some other way, that could be the issue. Hopefully you have a good wiring diagram where you are able to isolate the circuit and check the wiring.

Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram. The odd thing is the brake lights work and pushing the brake cancels the high idle for the PTO, so I would think the brake switch is ok, maybe there is a wire issue at a connection.

You really need to get a wiring schematic to be able to check the integrity of the circuits that feed that switch. You might try to get copies from a dealership, or try and see if a trade school has access to the schematics. Once you have the schematics, I would isolate the wires of that circuit and check them for resistance. You will need a decent multi meter for this. If you call me and get me a full VIN, production date, as well as any model numbers from the tag on the transmission, preferably a picture of both, from the transmission, I can se if that information is available in the diesel lab at school. Please text the info to me at 210-296-4823.

Michael.

5 minutes ago, goodmichael said:

You really need to get a wiring schematic to be able to check the integrity of the circuits that feed that switch. You might try to get copies from a dealership, or try and see if a trade school has access to the schematics. Once you have the schematics, I would isolate the wires of that circuit and check them for resistance. You will need a decent multi meter for this. If you call me and get me a full VIN, production date, as well as any model numbers from the tag on the transmission, preferably a picture of both, from the transmission, I can se if that information is available in the diesel lab at school. Please text the info to me at 210-296-4823.

Michael.

Ok, I'm in Michigan and we have been running like crazy, once I get the truck back in the shop I will get that info. Thanks again.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.