Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Any advice on what to name a new tow company

silverhawk

A Topic Created on Tow411 in May of 2016:

If you use your name, know that when it is sold years down the road, your name will be needed to follow the company for good will purposes.  I would never to that.

If you give it a name of the town, county, state you are in is all up to you.  I wouldn't call it anything derogatory.  Keep whatever name upbeat,something people would be more likely to call.  The name doesn't necessarily have to be "catchy" but unique to your business.

If you will be doing things other than towing, try to communicate that in the name without making the name use more than 5 words.  Some places you will have to sign your vehicle with the exact name of the business.  And also, don't advertise things you don't do in the name. If you call it Whatever Towing and Transport, make sure you do transport work as well as towing.  If you do towing and body work use auto or truck body in the name of the company.  If you want to promote storage, use it in the naming of the company.

kentows said:

I wish I would have use a simple Corp. name but after 40 years I guess The name will live on.

That being said I would use what fits your company plan
IE: Elite Towing or Quick Tow Or Safe Tow >
The Idea should Fit how you are trying to enter the Market you are in.
Don't use local Names Mascots Etc. It will make you look like you have a Limited Target Area
Just My Thought I hope it Helps
Ken

wvhooker said:

Speak to a web designer about popular keyword searches for tows in your marketing area. This helps steer customers your way. If people are using "heavy truck towing on I-77 near Charlotte" in their search engines then Charlotte Towing or I-77 Truck for example would hit popular key words.

Fetch said:

One thing I was taught is to not use self congratulatory words in the name. (e.g. Awesome Towing, Super lift)
9b426b27d7471c458bd29b659aadd6c8ef45ab40_r.jpg

towcats tubeyellow.gif said:
It's my humble opinion that names like   Lo-Cost Towing, Budget Tow, Economy Towing , Econo Tow   all hint at sub standard costs and workmanship. Those names scream CHEAP.

Good towing isn't cheap, and cheap towing isn't good. Premier Towing-Quality Tow, or Best Towing may hint at the other end of the spectrum. I like a 4 letter name, so ( for a small fee) you can incorporate your phone number from your name.  555-212-Best  may well get people to know your number, without actually knowing your number.

As an example  The local Ford dealership can be reached by calling  434-FORD. I have NO idea what their number is, but I can call them without going to the internet or phone book. This eliminates seeing a better/nicer ad on your electronic device. This works locally-if advertised properly.  555-best-tow?

In Memory of NationalAutow who said:
Good deal, Come back and let us know how it's going every once in a while.

Archived