News Ticker
  • Many thanks to our sponsors and patrons for their continuous support of our community.
  • Slow Down Move over
TowZone

A Picture Posted on Facebook

This image was posted on Facebook and a discussion resulted. I was amazed at the comments so I am going to share them in this topic. I suppose the message board or just myself having been on the Museum Board of Directors during construction and visited the Wall of the Fallen many times where I have met the families who had lost loved one. I am most certain my prospective is different from those who have not had such opportunities.

If you saw this in the corner of a Tow Yard would you consider it Junk or Tribute!

49612810_1250435688446142_69923111513630

The Original Tower to post this images said:

The owner of this rusty metal cross piece calls it “art”.....we call it tow truck parts!

Can any non towing people guess what it is / was?

There were some rude remarks prior to my response that seem to now be missing from the post.

This is my response to the missing comments:

It is certainly Dynamic to say the least. Many of you are RUDE... But, we should expect no less from Facebook. I would be proud to honor fallen brothers and sisters in such an artistic manner. One man's junk is another man's memorial. If I find this stinger laying around I may let it rust in piece standing tall at the rear of our property. God Bless, and I am sorry some no many of you are offended by that..

Responses;

It was at a art studio. Not a towing company. The owner has no idea what it is just that it looks cool.

------

My Reply:

Question is did you think it looked COOL or JUNK? I think RESPECT among other words as I would want to pay tribute to fallen Tow Ops in a similar manner.

--------

Responses:

thanks Ron Parrish for the consideration of our fallen brothers and sisters well spoken

--------

Looks like a waste of scrap metal to me. Respect is earned not given.

-------

My Response:

re you saying a Fallen Tow Truck Operator is not due Respect?

-------

Response:

read what was said and you may wish to re evaluate your statement

-------

My Response:

I give my fallen brothers and sisters the respect they are due for they were just doing a job that has become increasingly dangerous.

-------

Response:

i said respect is EARNED. not GIVEN. if you've earned my respect then you'll have it. If not then why the hell should i respect you. Tow truck drivers aren't first responders. They're glorified janitors there to clean up the mess. You talk about danger. Well. Do your job properly. Know the risks. N act accordingly. Should qe have memorials for every person who had a car accident? Sounds a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

-------

My Response:

I do not even know how to respond to that statement. So, I will let others who have lost family members, been to the wall of the fallen met families that have lost tow truck operators in the line of duty. Not first responders but certainly primary support responders. I do not know what you do, but your words are not those of a tow truck operator.

-------

Response:

i think he is fishing for a shit stir

-------

My Response:

No, I am still trying to figure out what you two view as respect for a Fallen Tow Operator. From what I have read you believe the Tow Operator is at fault for their death and respect should not be given. I disagree! Now convince me I read that wrong...

On to the next dialog where a response says:

Anyone who sees this as anything except scrap needs their head examined. Bout $8 at the scrapyard

--------

Then there was much of the same from several more responses.

--------

To me it is all a matter of prospective. Agree or Disagree, I see a Cross and I honor a Fallen Tower. Cause I know that could have stood in memory of me or a friend and if I had planted it there in memory of a fallen tower. Well, I would not want anyone calling my Tribute Junk...

ANY THOUGHT's?

I would say that anyone who says tow truck drivers are not first responders should hope they never have a flat tire, run out of gas, or need a tow along side of the road. A very scary place to be when traffic is going by inches away at 60 70 80 mph. Have had customers so shook up that they moved to the off traffic side of the car because of it. Who do they think would be the first responder in that situation?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.