Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

CAA - dollies,rollbacks and extra $ ?

TowZone

11-18-2007: cdntowguy wrote,

Do you get paid for, or charge extra for dollies/flatbed,rollback etc?
What about GOA's and UNS's(unserviceable- wrong info in call-not where or what they said it was)
Or do you think you're getting a higher rate and eating the few calls that may require extra work or equipment?
I do get paid, but I'd like to now what is happening out there before I start to complain about my rates and what I feel they should be.
Steve

Autorescue said: AAA

Paid extra for dollies & go jacks, what's paid for goa is so minimal it does not seem to matter.

Fairway said: AAA

No extra for dollies or go-jaks. No extra for ramps for loading lower vehicles. No extra for skates for loading vehicles that won't roll. No extra $$$ unless you spend more than 15 minutes on scene. Needless to say, I will only tow what I can load and go without doing ANY extra work. I am not looking to perofrm extra services/labor for free and I don't need the practice. Seriously, would you rather go and load a lowered Honda Civic with a broken ball joint and tow it one mile or go unlock that Honda Civic? You get paid the same.

GEMMATOW said:

we use to charge members 75.00 for go-jacks or skates about 3 months ago aaa said we cant charge members for special equipment , aaa says they will pay us 20.00 dollars , i still cant figure it out.

Dmurph879 said:

CSAA pays by time or miles. Miles towed or miles to call (within policies). Time on scene for dollies go-jacks or other labor. The rate is not high but they are reasonable about allowing it. You are allowed to charge member for anything that CSAA will not pay and the member can pay or pass on the service, their choice.

JOSEPH MCELHANNON said:

We get paid for dollies, rollbed and drivelines, not much but it helps. Go jacks don't really work out here so I never checked

Autorescue said:

That's a prime example of an accident conversion to private rates.

Canadiantowman said:

if member requested a flatbed and the car does not need one(must not be in the caa book saying it needs one)we get paid $25 extra,but caa must tell them this prior to showing up.goa's and uns's we get paid for them but not for dollies and we get extra if when winching more than 1/2 hour.

cariboo907 said:

We get paid extra for using dollies, have a separate rate for the deck, but it must be approved by BCAA first. GOA's and CNL (could not locate) get paid just the same as a normal call. We also have a healthy hourly rate if a Heavy is needed.
They just upped the rate for 4X4 3/4 and 1 ton diesels to the point that the mileage is just short of our retail rates.
We even get a $6.00 addon for between 12:00AM and 6:00AM
Jim

Gigarange said:

well hey, Jim just saved me all the typing, we get from the sounds of it exactly the same thing over here in Victoria. BCAA's rates sound better and better everytime I read what others are going thru on here with AAA.

Also get paid enroute milage when a cust isn't where they said they were (ie said they were northbound north of an exit and end up being southbound instead.)

carco21 said:

No GOA pay if cancelled within 30 minutes of call being accepted here. We wait minimum 30 minutes to start call.

Edstowing said:

We get paid extra for dolly's, irregular loading requirements, tolls, and any other legitimate extra requirements. The GOA rate is low but fortunily it doesn't happen offen.

I could see the toll issue changing though. It wouldn't surprise me if they made that a customer pay issue. The NYC tolls have increased so much in the last couple of weeks...one of my guys took a car yesterday to Jamaica NY and it was $41.00 in tolls. Last week Eddie was going over the Verizano Bridge and they charged him for 4 axles...like $24 or something. He said why and they said they counted both axles of the dolly's and the 2 axles of the car wrecker! He tried to explain and they said he could file a complaint with blah

Archived