Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
Cory Nguyen

EagleClaw info needed

Question

Hi everyone,   I am hoping someone can help me with some info.  I am looking over and eagle claw unit.  So in the box is the sheave that mounts to the wheel lift for pulling downward, and 2 solid axle forks.  The rest I have no idea what they are for.  I am hoping someone can help identify them.  I dont know why the pictures are not showing up.

20181023_121250-1.jpg

20181023_121332.jpg

5 answers to this question

In the first pic, the white painted pieces with the loops are to make the jaws smaller to get a better lift on vehicles with flats or vehicles with very small tires. They can be a pain but they are especially good for things like VWs with front flats to help lift that oil pan up higher.

Honestly I've only ever seen them on JerrDans. I wonder if someone took them off a JD hoping they'd work on the eagle. Dunno.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

You need to order a spring kit asap.... pita to use a claw with bad springs!

Those crossbar centering springs are not factory by any means / not the correct springs at all.

You should keep a spare center spring in stock.  They always get mangled.

The hose protector on top of the underlift looks way high.  Might impact a bumper with that thing.

You don't need the slip on flat tire spacer since your lift already has the angle piece in the claw section. 

The claw extenders are not needed.

The snatch block that mounts in the center acts like an extendable boom for high pulls, and it can get sketchy real quick using it if you are pulling off angle. 

The eagle claw is an under appreciated unit for how simple of a design it is.

Great for a yard truck stacking cars in tight.

Edited by BlackAutoload

2 minutes ago, BlackAutoload said:

You need to order a spring kit asap.... pita to use a claw with bad springs!

Those crossbar centering springs are not factory by any means / not the correct springs at all.

You should keep a spare center spring in stock.  They always get mangled.

The hose protector on top of the underlift looks way high.  Might impact a bumper with that thing.

You don't need the slip on flat tire spacer since your lift already has the angle piece in the claw section. 

The claw extenders are not needed.

The snatch block that mounts in the center acts like an extendable boom for high pulls, and it can get sketchy real quick using it if you are pulling off angle. 

The eagle claw is an under appreciated unit for how simple of a design it is.

Great for a yard truck stacking cars in tight.

have 2 sets of springs coming.  I am gonna mount the second set to the underside of the lid for the tool box.  i don't know why but it looks like tried welding the hose protector on and it looks like it was bolted factory, so that's what i am going to do.  The rest of the stuff will stay in the box also when i make mounts for everything and clean and repaint them.  The guy I am getting it from was a salvage yard owner at one point and this is what he used.  In January he is going to be 80, and he is thinking about retiring.   I do not plan on doing any recovery work with this unit.  It might assist on of my other trucks tho.  This was primarily  bought for breakdowns.  I am already found another unit I gotta go look at.  Thanks guys.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.