Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Five Tow Truck Drivers Shot - Two Killed

rreschran

If you follow international news, its been reported that 5x tow truck drivers, in Durban, South Africa, were shot yesterday as they stood in the parking lot of an urban gas station early yesterday when a drive-by shooting killed one on-scene and another died at an area hospital . Three other tow truck drivers were also hit by gunfire and they are in serious condition. A motive is not readily known, however Durban has been a hotbed of violence against and toward tow truck operators who have battled each other in past years over alleged turf wars. It was also said that one of the deceased was a well-known tow boss (unconfirmed). Here's a link to a news story ... scroll down and listen to the police captain explain what little they know about the shooting. Christine and I send our prayers to the families of those killed and to those who hopefully will survive. How sad is that?    R.

https://www.enca.com/news/tow-truck-drivers-killed-drive-shooting

Randall C. Resch

I went back into my archives to see that a tow related shooting homicide occurred in Durban, South Africa, on April 18th, 2018, with an tow truck individual having the same last name as one of the deceased in this shooting. He too was ambushed and shot outside of his residence. All of the articles make mention of alleged turf wars, gang activity and corruption where one article said, they could do nothing (who are they) to stop the violence. Is it possible that they are part of the corruption that drives this violence? 

If you're interested ... here's the link to that story.  

https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/durban-tow-truck-boss-killed-in-turf-war-14505002

Randall C. Resch

Archived