Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

D Ring

TOWPC05

any one on here using or heard of synthetic d ring or soft shackle i have seen them in off road market. I am curious if anyone uses them or if they even meet towing and recovery safety standards. The Synthetic Rope winch line has become very popular and everything is kind of following suit.

The ones I've seen have all been from random 4x4 sites. I imagine they probably work as described but I'm not sure I'd employ them in a professional environment quite yet. Those 4x4 sites tend to sensationalize things by advertising them at their breaking strength rather than their WLL and who knows what kind of testing they go though as well.

If I could find a reputable source for them then I'd likely give them a try but until then I'll probably stay with my regular shackles. The synthetic revolution going on is nice but its still early.

We are curious because we seen where INDOT was using them but was wondering what impression in towing industries was about it. Thank you for the answer i know the synthetics are the new upcoming thing. We all may just have to wait awhile until it is all mastered. 

Until the WLL limits are tested and certified by an engineer for the designated purpose of winching and recovery, you assume all liability in the event of a catastrophic failure. If you modify it and it fails as a result of the modification, the manufacturer has an out as far as their culpability goes.

• 1 month later...

Archived