Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

My Main Laptop is Down - Need Support to Replace or Repair

TowZone

So, I got nearly 3 years out of this one and the screen went out.

Time for a new one, problem is I am strapped for cash as I have focused on regenerating the message board. In fact I have devoted so much time to bring the community back from near disaster I have not invoiced Patrons & Sponsors on a timely basis. Making sure the community was back on track has been my main concern. Generating funds to keep it going has taken a back seat. Now, I am forced to ask for help. I have a Supporter that has pledged to match funds up to $1000.00 in order to get a new Macbook Pro.

I need to raise these funds in the next 45 days. So, the way that has been done in the past is ask for new Patrons a Sponsors.

Being a supporter is not a requirement, those who have chosen to provide such support are recognized by either a Patron or Sponsor Bar under their screen name. I addition they are noted in the sidebar.

To join our supporter program visit our store which is still being updated at https://www.towforce.net/subscriptions/

Silver Sponsor

Never followed thru

Patron III

mushspeed

TACTOWBOSS

Sub Total - $150.00

Total Matched - $300.00

GOAL $2500.00

How about plug it into your TV with a hdmi cked if it had that output. I did that with mine when that happened
Kind of defeats the whole portability thing haha

I'll look into throwing some cash your way soon. Even when I haven't posted I've enjoyed the forum so it's high time I support it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I have been a member of Tow 411 now Towforce for over 13 years ( I think )  and it is without doubt the most informative forum for the towing industry in existence...

I have met a lot of very knowledgeable folks  and truly very welcoming families and seen many innovative ideas and solutions ......

with the advent of social media some things have changed   ( I am not sure for the better !! ) 

This forum is an excellent learning tool and information exchange and cannot be allowed to founder ....

I have renewed my sponsorship  today  and am proud to do so ....

John.

Louwo, I am working on doing that, but as stated it defeats the purpose on the laptop and I am on the move much of the time.

Thanks John aka mushspeed, hoping to replace the Macbook Pro. But, at worst I go back to a regular PC for awhile.

Any help is appreciated, hopefully I start getting invoices out soon. Towing has been very busy as of late. Anyone else busy?

12 hours ago, TowZone said:

Louwo, I am working on doing that, but as stated it defeats the purpose on the laptop and I am on the move much of the time.

Thanks John aka mushspeed, hoping to replace the Macbook Pro. But, at worst I go back to a regular PC for awhile.

Any help is appreciated, hopefully I start getting invoices out soon. Towing has been very busy as of late. Anyone else busy?

Glad to hear you're staying busy. My company has been busy but my night shift has been dead dead dead.

2 hours ago, SUPERIOR35 said:

Very busy on day shift. But you are right. Third shift has slowed down. Trying to figure out what is driving this ?

It has been getting chilly here in VA. I'm guessing people are just going home and staying home instead of most of the nightlife we normally have.

Thanks Don, I'll send out an invoice next week. Working on getting a temp solution together as I don't want to just run out and put a new laptop on charge. We are nearly halfway to our goal thanks to New Patrons and a Sponsor. Only 6 weeks remaining to reach the $1000 matching funds.

Oh, I know we should all have a backup plan for our personal laptop. At one time, I had a desktop as well but didn't use it much. Think I will be going back to it more. 

Not half way to goal, there has to be more members that can support this community

with a new Patron or Sponsor Status.

The matching funds up to $1000 are being offered thru November 15th. 

Thank you for your participation on the New Force in the Towing and Recovery Industry.

Do not forget to add your Motor Club Ranking to the survey or send it in by mail.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first that I noticed this post.  The title of laptop being down made me assume it was a question about which laptop to buy or something of that nature, so since im not really much into computers I overlooked the post.  I think I am up for renewal around March anyway.  Send me an invoice and ill renew early to get some funds coming your way.

On a sidenote, we have one of our guys coming to the tow show for the first time- His name is Bill. He is now signed up here as a member as of last week.  Ill make sure he stops and shakes your hand at the meet n greet on friday night,  The rest of our crew wont be making it down this year.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Thanks, matching funds were suppose to end November 15. But the Supporter has extended to offer an additional week. I think we may just make goal by the end of November. Have not had time to get the broken mac on a monitor yet. After Baltimore I will get on that task. Hope to see several of you there.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

A couple of members have recently inquired about where the sponsorship funds go. Updating or replacing a desktop or laptop computer is part of those funds generated through the Patron/Sponsor Levels. As System Costs, Marketing, Promotions, Travel and what remains goes towards a salary for maintaining the message board. Yes, I have been compensated for my time. That compensation has been cut in the past couple of years, but like the towing industry we all keep moving forward because we cannot go back. The Tow411 message board was well know for it's time. But times change and as a New Generation enters the industry it is up to us industry veterans to not make way for that New Force. But, to offer them a TowForce of knowledge not found in such abundance any place else.

Now I must apologize after months of searching I may have found a new laptop. I just need the funds to purchase it and return this borrowed Macbook. Check it out, I will be adding some reviews. But, as much as I like a Mac they are falling behind the technology.

Review: The Huawei Matebook X Pro (2019) is the best laptop I’ve ever used… ever

Huawei knocked this one out of the park

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2019/03/19/review-the-huawei-matebook-x-pro-2019-is-the-best-laptop-ive-ever-used-ever/

• 1 year later...

Huawei was kicked out of the US market because it is a Chinese Owned Company. The fear is that China would use the devises to spy on Americans. Wake Up China has been into our electronics for years, they can spy easily and even infiltrate our elected officials.

I still have not replaced the Laptop and have been using a loaner from KAT for a year now. Time for a new laptop, but funds are still low and I had to dip into the funds marked for a replacement. Either it's another Macbook or maybe Microsoft. Dis anyone purchase a new laptop in 2020?

• 4 weeks later...