Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

AAA and Non Members

TOWAHOLIC

AAA seems to keep allowing non members to use members card. i know its easier than arguing with people but no wonder there rates are low. do you accept calls like this?

burdasig.jpg

A1Towing said:

I used to complain to the rep about this.
His answer was the member is using one of thier calls up on this. They only get four a year.
I guess that's a good point.

The only thing is the member is supposed to be there also.
If you want to, ask for member ID. At least for the reason we know your not the member and you didn't put one over on the driver.

schu said:

Lance they have been getting more and more lenient on that ...... they didn't used to allow taxi's and other commercial vehicles to use it either , but do now (as well as convenience tows , 2nd tows on same breakdown, unregistered vehicle tows etc)

the " unofficial " answer I got was why argue with the member let them use up their calls and they are eventually out of them and a cash customer til it renews and if you dont fight them on this they will renew

they aren't the only ones that have gotten softer on the rules , look at just about every other motor club out there.

Jerel said:

we get that all the time here. we dont argue with the customer if they are there. if the customer / card holder is not there then we dont tow it. Cash only we have also been getting alot of retows out of dealers and shops cause they are to high priced so the customer wants to go somewhere cheaper. we have been getting a lot of those. as long as we get paid that is all that matters to us it is there card and tows they are using up. if they run out then they pay cash....

13thrattler said:

I guess I'm a bit different. As long as I got the AAA membership# and date of exp., I don't care who's vehicle it is, or which vehicle it is. Kids use the parents card all the time, and a brother or sister might use the members card. I don't care. And if I did care, AAA doesn't. So, why make a fuss about it. AAA is just going to tell you to go ahead and do the call---------"this time." And you can bet your bippy-----"this time" will be multiplied many thousands of times.

EdsTowing said:

It doesn't matter to me as long as the member is with the vehicle. I asked dispatch one time & they told me "if the guy want's to get up @ 3:00 in the morning and go out there to use one of his tows then let him". As long as I get paid then whatever....

Roland said:

AAA really does'nt care who uses their cards when, where, or for who. WE had a kid the other day pull his fathers expired card on us.Called AAA and told them. AAA made us wait on side of highway while they signed him up so he did'nt have to pay cash. Just sign back on with AAA, they came to me. Averaging 2,ooo per week right now. Can't wait to get snow because you know alot of members will go off the road. Most of them don't know how to use a shovel. Roland

Ostrom's  said:

It doesnt matter to me if member is there or not or if it is not there card as long as i have a call # i do the call.
If the member is a basic member i do insist they are with the car just incase they need to pay out of pocket for something if they are not there to pay at end of service i impound car i figure this is not my problem they didnt want to wait.

What AAA has allowed in our club was household members could use the same membership. Most times it's just better not to argue anymore. There was a time the club was strict about everything. I remember callin AAA about commercial or limo (OL plates in NJ) tagged and AAA would say nope and then we would let them know and its then commercial rates.

Archived