Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

In the ditch dollies mount fail.

gchernya

I have In The Ditch dollies horizontally mounted on the deck of Jerr Dan Element wrecker. Two days ago one of the dollies dislodged when I was driving on the highway in Philadelphia and hit uneven pavement. Two cars was not able to swerve around and now have front bumper damage. My dollies where secured with spring loaded quick links of the largest diameter that would go through the holes at the top of the dollies mounts. When I checked the other dolly I found that it can slip by the locking link with the effort that not much bigger than require to lift dollies out of mount. In use for lees then a year dollies were able to loosen mounts enough to be no longer secured by the links. I bought 2 one foot pieces of link chain and couple of 1 1/2 inch bolts with additional washer and nut to replace one bolt holding dollies mount to the deck on each side. Now I lock dollies with the same spring loaded quick links only attached to the chain secured to the bolt at the base of the mount. Anyone using dollies can find it useful....  

Archived