Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Albert Avella Jr, Newburgh, NY, 01.06.04

TowZone

This morning in his home upstate New York, My uncle Albert Avella Jr. and the younger brother of my father Michael and my other uncle Dominic Avella passed away. Jr. as he was better known was a devoted and loving father and uncle. His love for Highpoint Garage Inc. always shinned. He & his 2 brothers built our operation from almost nothing to what it is today. He will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks and be safe everyone.... Steve Avella

ALBERT JOSEPH AVELLA JR. Newburgh, N.Y. Albert Joseph Avella Jr., retired owner and operator of High Point Garage in Union City, N.J. and 10-year resident of Newburgh, formerly of Union City, died Jan. 6, 2004 at home. He was 75. The son of the late Albert Joseph Avella Sr. and Antoinette Affuso Avella, he was born Aug. 16, 1928 in Union City. Survivors include his wife Anna Francis Rinaldi Avella of Newburgh, whom he married in St. Mary's Church in Marlboro on May 1, 1955; sons, Ronald Anthony and Patrick James Avella both of Union City; daughter, Annette and Gerard Biviano of Marlboro; brothers, Michael Avella of Paramus, N.J. and Dominick Avella of Toms River, N.J.; grandson, Anthony Albert Biviano; granddaughters, AnneMarie Biviano and Laura Catherine Biviano; several nieces and nephews. Visitation will be held from 7 to 9 p.m., Wed. Jan 7 and from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thurs Jan 8 at the DiDonato Funeral Home, 1290 Route 9W, Marlboro. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Friday Jan. 9 at St. Mary's Church in Marlboro. Father Edward Bader of the Church will be officiating. Burial will take place Friday at St. Mary's Cemetery on Lattintown Road, Marlboro. Arrangements by DiDonato Funeral Service.

Albert Avella Jr. Son of Albert Avella Sr. and the youngest of 3 brothers was dedicated to his family and to Highpoint Garage Inc. of Union City, NJ
His dedication and unwavering determination helped Highpoint Garage Inc. to become what it is today. His long hours, his blood and sweat working along side is 2 older brothers Michael and Dominic brought this business from nothing to our current status of over 35 trucks...... Jr. retired about 10 years ago to spend time on his farm upstate New York and to be with his family.... Jr. was called upon by our father almighty this past January of 2004..... He will be missed and never forgotten... His trucks were at his funeral as he would have wanted them.. Now he watches us from above... lest we never forget Uncle Jr..... Steven Avella , The entire Avella Family.. and his life's love.... Highpoint Garage Inc. 3 Generations and still going..........

hpgtowing

Thanks again everyone... for your offerings, prayers and thoughts..... It means more than you all know..... He would be so happy to know that there are people and fellow towman that do care and respect each other... thanks again everyone
from all the Avella's and Highpoint Garage Inc.

Several local towers have asked & offered trucks for the funeral services of my uncle and past owner of Highpoint Garage Inc. Although the services will be held in Marlboro, NY (approx) 60 Miles from Union City, We had planned on sending up a Heavy Duty & a Light Duty ourselves... A few local towers asked if they to could attend. Yes by all means... it is appreciated, he would have been happy to know.... If any local operators are interested in joining in? you are by all means welcome. Any interested parties can call my office any time (201) 864-3700 ...Ask for Richard Gray... he will be handling time, meeting place and directions...... Once again, I can not emphasis enough the gratitude to everyone. Thank you seems to be just not enough..... Steven Avella

Steve, I didn't hear the news. Sorry for the loss. I was just down past your place a few weeks back in route to Elizebeth with a Tractor. Actually I also grabbed a car from you guys about a year ago, too.
I guess I never put two and two together on the name.
Anyway, my condolences on the loss. Keep your head up and carry on the name. It's the best tribute there is to someone.

Bill
Towtrk1

Thanks Bill for the kind words.... Stay well... Steve

Archived