Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Single line 4x4 Wreckers

BlackAutoload

In the market right now I am seeing so many "nice" 4x4 wreckers for sale, but they are single line units.

Boo 

What type of wrecker dealer / towing company has a handicapped wrecker built?

If you need a 4x4 unit, then you need 2 winches.  They go hand in hand to me.

What am I missing ?

Agreed, how much more $$$ is it for a dual winch on a $80-90k truck, $2k? Seems silly losing a sale for $2k. I had mine built new because I couldn't find a 4x4 Miller truck anywhere on the ground to the specs I wanted.

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

Quality Dealers build units what a knowledge an marketing sense for this industry. Entry stock unit one winch or non. Higher Unit Two Winches. I can run a truck with one winch I did 100's of winch outs with a Century 411 one of the best trucks I ran. Had the low profile boom you could see over. But, once you get dual winches your spoiled. I am positive there are numerous dealers with stock units, I just have not noticed.

Maybe one of our valued dealers will comment...

Seems most are still getting use to the New Message Board.

I used to run a holmes 440 unit and having another winch is like night and day difference. I am sure manufacturers are looking at cost savings for a selling point and on trucks that don't do winching very often I see the point, but for dealers putting them on 4x4 chassis' doesn't seem right

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Archived