Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Dangers Tow Truck Driver Face

Maybe merge this with the other thread on this incodend with hope's of safe healing.

On another note these are the reasons why I don't like running on the big roads for state pd. Never know who you will come across on a DMV and if they can pay the rates. A torn issue when you say you can not tow someone home 30 miles that they say they can not afford. (Not saying this happened here but my biggest worry on the big roads)

The Customer from a Police Ordered Tow Reached over and stabbed the driver in the neck as they were moving. Then the Driver exited the truck and the Customer took the truck and drove away. The police spotted the stolen truck and gave chase but the Customer now a Subject wrecked the truck with his vehicle on the back. I assume the vehicle was registered to him, if not that is another issue.

Personally, I rarely ever transport anyone and never from an accident scene. Be aware, your not a taxi. Would the police put the majority of these individuals in their front seat. Why are we still doing this when the dangers continue to increase? It's like changing tires on the side of the road. Why?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are the person who controls who you allow in your truck. You have to make rapid and sound decisions on the roadside. Always watch the hands. It is the hands that kill. Observe the person, if they are jumpy or extremely on edge, these are warning signs. Use your best judgement, and have faith in your sixth sense. I have refused to transport people before. I have always had solid observations to back up my decisions.

Edited by goodmichael