Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Progressive + Agero

yoBdaBenO

Get this, Customer has Progressive Insurance. Is broken down in the roadway, uses the App to get a Tow!!! Progressive transfers this to Agero for Road Service. Customer Accepts and Agero gets authorization to access to ping the phone for the GPS location. Officer arrives because vehicle is in roadway. Customer waiting more than 30 minutes in the roadway. Officer calls for Tow Truck because vehicle is blocking roadway. Now the Customer is waiting nearly an hour and Agero Contractor still has not arrived. That's OK We Got This! Customer still on the phone with Agero, get this they the Tow Company they called is more that 80 miles away. WE DO NOT DO MOTOR CLUBS.  Guess No One Else in the area does either!!! Customer Calls Progressive "Holding Holding Holding" finally gets through, they say just submit the bill... Wonder if that will work out.

Just to ClarifY. This was a her Insurance which she contacted through the Progressive App. They Promptly transferred her information to Agero who then Contracted an Out of the Area company and left her standing with her broke vehicle in the roadway. The Progressive Representative tried their best, but Agero went with the Cheaper company. A company that drove from farther away. How, I ask do these tow companies make Out of Area runs for these LOW contract rates.

Out of Area more than 60-80 miles from their nearest home base.

Only two Ins companies, Geico and AAA, dispatches their own tow trucks that I am aware of.

Dispatchers are hoping that some "new kid" answers the phone at your company and not a seasoned veteran.  

Turning down work is an odd concept for people to wrap their mind around.  

When my family from out of town visits and hears me on the phone turning down work they think I am nuts.... then I run them thru the #s, and they finally understand, well sort of.

I know I am speaking to the choir here.

Totally agree with BlackAutoload...I don't feel bad for "people" anymore either - until they become MY customer.  Just about every kind of service business anymore is contracted out to 3rd parties.  The level of service that people get under these 3rd party vendors is much, much less than it used to be when it was one-to-one.....just my take.  Thanks, Steve.  

Steve Koob

Archived