News Ticker
ESC

2008 Dodge 5500 4x4 Vulcan Flatbed

2008 Dodge 5500 4x4 19’6” Vulcan flatbed.  6.7 Cummins Auto trans. Transfer flow 48 gal fuel tank upgrade.  19,500 gvwr. 98,000 miles still in use locally.  

Our new truck is due in about 4 weeks. Not looking for low ball offers, I already know my trade in number.   This is a great low mileage non DEF truck. 

The underside of the bed is rotten above the tires and needs new cross members. The passenger side control box has been hit and damaged.  The passenger side door is showing some signs of surface rust on the bottom side. See pics.  

We have all service records from new.  Typically this truck stays local for police work in town.  It has all 6 new tires.   Front brake pads and rotors were recently replaced currently 10B.  Rear brakes currently 10B replaced pads, rotors and axle seals at 85,000 miles. 

Please... no low ball offers!  30,000 as is.  Lettering will be removed. If you would like to come and see the truck arrangements can be made easily.   I would prefer to keep the truck in service until the new one is a bit closer (estimated 4 weeks).... But cash money talks.

5F99CBBA-A478-489A-A1E5-EC970F544988.jpeg

C81310D8-4147-4148-ABF9-52B743D461E0.jpeg

4CB86936-1813-430B-8085-C29B76641FE4.jpeg

CA8629BA-9B57-4367-B1FE-6A06BF9F8060.jpeg

25537176-494C-49C4-9A9E-1D295A0F8601.jpeg

This truck was ordered with a galvanized subframe and control boxes when we had it built new.  It was ordered in as a cab and chassis to our specs, then the body was installed by a local Vulcan dealer.

New rear drive tires installed a month or so ago, less than 1,000 miles on them.

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

Rust is starting on the bottom of the passenger side door.

IMG_4151.jpg

New steer tires installed Monday 8/20/18

IMG_4152.jpg

Passenger side control box was hit in a parking lot... will need replaced.  Currently passenger side controls are inoperable.

IMG_4153.jpg

Edited by ESC

Winch has a Lodar wireless remote system.

We are located just off the PA turnpike at exit 312 in southeastern PA.

21 hours ago, TowZone said:

Listing Status?

This truck is still available and in service.   Our new Dodge came in, and we decided to order another one.... the new truck should be here around the first of the year and this one will be traded in if we don't have a buyer lined up sooner.

Time to get serious about selling this one!  I just got the call that its replacement should be here in early January.   The truck now has 106,000 miles on it, still in use daily.   For someone that is willing to do a bit of work to fix up the bed, it would make a great truck.

Rear brake pads and calipers were replaced this week, as well as a new 75' wire rope.   Our new truck is expected within the next 2-3 weeks.

Just got word that our new truck should be here next week.... so far, its looking like this Dodge will be traded in on the new one.

has this truck been traded or is it still available?

Might as well take it down. Going to the dealer on trade at the end of this week. Just got the call today that our new truck is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk