Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Struck on I-71 08-18-18 (KY) UPDATED

TowNews

Updated News Video 8/22/18:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38941197/louisville-tow-truck-driver-fighting-for-his-life-after-i-71-crash

32267688_1534690684200744_r.jpg

Brent Greenwell

Brian Johns, The Director of Operations at Mosby's Towing & Transport in Louisville Ky. reported that late last night one of the companies best drivers was struck on I-71. The Tow Truck Operator was outside his tow truck and loading a vehicle for tow. Thank God our driver is alive!

Brian went to the scene and saw it was not good. The Tow Truck Operator was rushed to University of Louisville Emergency Room, the areas Best Trauma Team. Where he underwent surgery last night and has long road to recovery ahead of him. Mosby's Director of Operations (Brian Johns) stated he will do all he can to help this tow operator and his family during this difficult time.

The car actually came up the bed of the roll back and hit him, then flipped over going down I-71. Brian added, this is all that is known at this point. Please keep this driver and his family in your prayers.

SLOW DOWN MOVE OVER is a LAW that MOST people NEVER pay attention too .

GIVE US ROOM TO WORK PLEASE...we will work hard to bring awareness to this law here in KENTUCKY!

- - - - - - - - - - END - - - - - - - - - -

As the Driver Remains in Critical Condition this news story finally emerges as the company pushes awareness.

Tow truck driver seriously injured on the job

A tow truck driver, and father, remains hospitalized after being seriously injured on the job.

Brent Greenwell was working Saturday evening when he was hit. Greenwell was rushed to University Hospital in critical condition. His right hip was shattered, there was extensive internal bleeding, and he ended up in an hourslong surgery that resulted in the loss of his right kidney.

Friends tell WLKY as of Tuesday evening, Greenwell had not yet regained consciousness.

Brian Johns is Greenwell's boss at Mosby's Towing and praised Greenwell for being a dependable employee, well-liked by customers.

Johns said Greenwell had responded to a call around 8 p.m. Saturday on I-71, just past the Zorn Exit. Greenwell had already lowered the bed and was in the process of preparing to load a disabled van when a distracted driver drove up on the bed, before ultimately flipping her car.

It happened so fast, eyewitnesses have said Greenwell never had a chance to get out of the way.

"I talked to the customer at the scene that seen the whole thing. He said he was up here (on the bed) and got knocked over the truck and to the other side of the guard rail," Johns said.

On Tuesday, Johns preached safety, telling WLKY once every six days a tow truck driver is killed in the United States.

He is urging drivers to slow down, and reminding them of the "Move Over" law.

"You gotta pay attention. You gotta give our people on the side of the road room to work. We're at your mercy, you just need to give us a break," Johns said.

The driver responsible, according to a police report, was distracted. At this point, police say charges are not expected.

Anyone wishing to help the Greenwell family with medical and other expenses can make donations at Mosby's Towing, located at 3119 Dixie Highway.

RESOURCE LINK With Video

Wow!!! Once again we are praying for one of our own. Sounds like he was doing everything right and another careless driver almost killed him. No law is going to stop this, only people realizing they need to pay attention will work. Let’s hope and pray the driver heals fully. 

so sad    is there any update ?      did they charge the driver ?    why don't they enforce the move over law.  we have a move over law here in Florida but it is very rare you see them enforce it  a lot of close calls and drivers are still getting hit  last week we had one police car hit waiting for a tow truck with a broken down car  15 min later after police showed up for accident two more police cars were hit in Clearwater Florida its been on local news but in Kentucky tow truck gets hit and does not even make it on the local news so sad  

Archived