Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Baggin Bananas  

Topic Originally Created in November of 2009:

I got a call from David at D and D wrecker service needing some assistance on a loaded container roll over. I arrived in our KW to find a banana container loaded with 47k in the box it was stacked front to rear and top to bottom, the truck and trailer had slid 280 ft on the pavement before leaving the roadway and sliding some more in the median. David nor I have ever dealt with this style container so we really did not know how much abuse one could take (If anyone has any insight on this please let me know). After we had walked the scene over and found a lot of milled aluminum, we were afraid that the trailer might unzip if we tried to muscle it out so we decided to bag it. My brother arrived with the service truck and trailer. We planned on using 5 bags but at 3 psi we had an inlet port start leaking so we sucked it down slid it over and added a sixth bag. By the time we got to 4.5 psi the leaking bag could not keep up so we shut it off and continued with out it. We used Davids 30 ton and 16 ton for the winching. The unit came up perfect and the load was delivered and accepted. When the unit was up we checked the side and a lot of the rivets holding the seams together were ground smooth, so I think the cushions were the right choice here. David and Keith thanks for the call its always a pleasure to work with you guys!
DSC02835.jpgDSC02839.jpgDSC02840.jpgDSC02841.jpgDSC02842.jpgDSC02844.jpgDSC02845.jpgDSC02851.jpgDSC02855.jpgDSC02856.jpgDSC02858.jpgDSC02860.jpgDSC02863.jpgDSC02865.jpgDSC02867.jpgDSC02868.jpgDSC02869.jpgDSC02871.jpgDSC02873.jpg
allenslogo.jpg

Jamie Dougherty said:
VERY NICE BAG JOB!!!!

I would like to see a few more photos of that little Sterling!
JAMIE DOUGHERTY
JANEWAY TOWING

Matjackman tubeplatinum.gif said:
Picture perfect airbag job, it's nice to have the casualty in such a perfect position for using the bags, good luck.

Allenstowing tubegreen.gif said:
Thanks for the comments guys, all I can say is we had the BEST instructors in the industry. Jamie, Keith gets on the board some maybe he will post some pics of it, it is a nice 716. Wayne that was on hwy 79 between McKenzie and Paris.
allenslogo.jpg

Scooby said:
I liked seeing the shoval....digging some access always works
e73256d5ee9a22da85e3379546f31ee83c08250.pjpg

git r towed said:
You guys sure picked a nice place to make that recovery, very nice job. We bagged one Saturday night on I40 , done a one lane. single pup Fed Ex truck. Didn't have any camera with us. Thanks for the pictures John, Rock City Garage, Tennessee

Mark Robbins said:
I will agree with everyone. You guys did a quality job. Picture perfect Bryan.

Archived