Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero Winching

thtdon

As you are probably aware by now, about three years ago, Agero took it upon themselves to cut the allotted time allowed for a winching job from 60 minutes to 30 minutes, effectively cutting the final fee in half.  I found that out the hard way.  One night, I had a call to winch a car that had driven down a flight of cement stairs.  These stairs connect Denny's parking lot to the lot of the Showcase Cinemas.  Denny's and the Showcase Cinemas and both gone, and out of business.  But those stairs are still there!  I know, I checked.  I have winched cars off of those stairs before.  So I carefully winched out this car.  I  placed lumber in certain spots to prevent the oil pan from coming in contact with the cement steps.  I forget exactly how much I billed Agero.  But they paid only $25.  I complained about it.  But my complaint fell of deaf ears.  That was around three years ago.  I haven't winched another car for them since.  And I never will, until they reinstate the full hour fee.  All winter long, they call and cry, claiming that no one will winch cars for them.  Tough shit!  That's they way it should be.  If they screw you, screw them right back.  Eventually they will pay a non-contracted tower #150-$200 to winch that car, rather than to pay one of their contracted towers a fair price.  Dumb asses.

So are you saying that you would have done all that for the $50 hour?   Sounds like alot of work and liability to me over $50.  And from reading many of your posts here over the years, I would have to assume you are getting much more than $50 for your valuable services.

Anyway we do some Agero on PO.  Basic calls only, and within a couple miles of our shop.  Anything, and i mean ANYTHING at all that is out of the ordinary, I get credit card up front, typically $175 minimum, but many cases far more than that.   No one else will take their calls.  Some take hours to show up and have no idea what they are doing.  We get paid by credit card to clean up after other vendors all the time.  No GOA, no cancellations, etc.   We charge a high rate to make up for all of the other hassles.  If they are calling me, they have already run down their list of cheap guys and couldnt get service. 

6f7ef7fb25c8f869dd11c572311c61ed.jpg

0ada2070baecab8b9a3813e04dbc38ff.jpg

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Im not sure why, but it wouldnt let me edit the post after I added the pictures above.  But yesterday we did that one for Agero.  It was at a body shop, you seen the notes- tires roll, no keys.  Clearly I know better.  Billed them $375 to take it 35 miles.  The first time i quoted them, they hung up on me.  An hour later they called back begging because no one else would do the job.  Ran the credit card, and sent one of the guys out for it.  Picked it up 5 miles away and delivered it to another shop.   Typically they would want to pay about $120 on a PO..... not a chance.

I never said that I would do that job for $50.  I know that I billed them a lot more more than that.  But it has been a few years, so I don't remember exactly what I charged them. 

So far this week, I have had more "out of area" requests from Agero, than I got spam calls.  And I average 22 spam calls a day.  Today they called three times within 5 minutes for me to go to Portsmouth, NH to tow a motorcycle 5 miles.  The third try was a supervisor (la-de-da).  She asked again how much I would charge them to go to Portsmouth, NH and tow that bike 5 miles.  My response- $1000.  Her response- CLICK!

And I assume that you are all aware that Agero is collecting your over-mileage and pocketing it.  Multiple customers have complained to me that they were charged $4.00/mile for over-mileage, and they paid it to them with their credit card.  (I just chuckle because that is exactly what I charge!)  That's why I haven't collected a dime of over-mileage paid for by credit card in many months.  They haven't figured out a way for the cash customers to pay them directly yet.  But when they can figure a way for the customer to jam dollar bills into the phone, they'll be doing that.

We are at less than 30% avg for our in area call acceptance from them this month.  We hardly take anything from them at all.... Only if it makes sense.  They do everything they can to cheat providers out of money.  Ill gladly take that credit card for $375 or more.    My highest with them was $1200 on a 12 mile tow, paid by credit card.  My goal is to keep growing my "high score"

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived