Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Sandy's Towing targeted by car thieves, again (OH)

TowNews

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - Police arrested three juveniles in connection with a break-in at a local towing company.

According to police reports, the teens were seen stealing a car at Sandy's Towing; When confronted by employees, they sped off through the front gate, causing damage.

And it's not the first time Sandy's Towing has dealt with a situation like this.

Police say when they arrived on scene around 2am on Sunday, the gate was lying on the ground after the culprits smashed through it.

An employee saw a white GMC Yukon driving in the parking lot and called police, telling officers, someone had broken in and was stealing a car.

Another employee tried to block the front entrance with his tow truck.

Police say that's when the Yukon accelerated - narrowly missing the tow truck - smashing through the front gate, and speeding off.

Last Thursday, someone stole four cars off the lot.

A day later, four juveniles were seen trying to take more cars but didn't manage to get anyway with anything.

A man who lives in the area, Garland Williams told me the incident comes as a shock.

"I would have never thought somebody would break into Sandy's knowing somebody's there 24 hours a day," he said. "Trucks come and go all night long and I'm wondering how or why."

RESOURCE LINK With Video

Archived