Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Found On The NET "What Is Towing?"

TowZone

What is towing? 

Towing is late nights, early mornings. 
Quick showers, cold meals, lots of caffeine. 
Towing is missing almost every holiday and special occasion. Watching your kids  grow up in pictures. 
Towing is sometimes getting bitched at by people for something you didn't do. 
Not being able to have a conversation without the phone ringing. 
Towing is feast or famine. Being able to afford steaks one week and ramen noodles the next. 
Towing is working on the side of the highway while people are flying 2 inches from you at 70 + MPH HOPING they are paying attention and don't slip the wheel and squish you! 

Towing is a lot of things people don't realize. 

And for some reason beyond me, it's a passion and an addiction and we LOVE IT! 

So when people ask me "how much do you get paid an hour?" or "I'm looking for a new job, is it easy?" 

We don't get paid by the hour. ( Very few do, but they're nut cases for doing that ) 
And it's MUCH more than a "job" it's an industry that requires your 100% dedication to succeed and survive..

It's a passion, it's a way of life, and it's definitely not for everyone. 

Thanks for your time. 
(And always, dont  forget to tip your tow truck driver )

"author unknown"

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that in the future, this article can be renamed what towing is not. It is up to the people in the industry to adopt professional standards to ensure that a certain level of quality of life is ensured. These are not attributes of a professional industry. While they are true, the industry needs to change.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 6:30 PM, goodmichael said:

I hope that in the future, this article can be renamed what towing is not. It is up to the people in the industry to adopt professional standards to ensure that a certain level of quality of life is ensured. These are not attributes of a professional industry. While they are true, the industry needs to change.

Exactly what was going through my head when I was reading this.  

The, "Unknown Author", mentions dedication, success and survival, but fails to mention, "Reputation". I see, "What is towing", as a study on day-to-day realities, but, this industry is far more complicated than that. GoodMichael said it best, "It is up to the people in the industry to adopt professional standards to ensure that a certain level of quality of life is ensured."    R. 

Randall C. Resch

Archived