Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Some Medium Duty Towing

Topic Originally Created in February of 2008:

Here are some different tows with our medium duty wrecker.Some pictures were from my phone but didn't turn out too bad...Stay safe and thanks for looking,

JARED

This Cintas Freightliner was brought in about 45 miles out back to there shop for repair. No start.
Cintastowfeb2008001.jpg
Cintastowfeb2008002.jpg
Cintastowfeb2008003.jpg
Another Cintas unit (Ford) was towed 35 miles ro repair shop for computer problems. Under warranty.
02-14-08_1114.jpg
A P800 Parcel truck for UPS, rear towed it. The truck blew a high pressure oil switch. What a mess!!!
mediumdutytow.jpg

This Grumman had transmission issues. It was about 40 miles from our facility and brought back to our customers mechanic.
02-14-08_1309.jpg
02-14-08_1308.jpg
This Ford F350 ambulance had gas put in the tank instead diesel...opps!!
Tri-countyambulancetow003.jpg
Last edited by foxtow82 on 17 Feb 2008 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
bobsbanner.jpg

PGhrist said:
Nice job... thanks for taking the time to take a few pics! Was wondering if you pulled the driveshafts on all except UPS rear tow? I personally like to hook them all from the back... beats laying on a creeper!
Bigblankbanner7-1.jpg

Foxtow82 said:
I pulled all the driveshafts on these tows except obviously the UPS one. When I front tow I will pull a shaft or an axle unless directed otherwise by customer or mechanic not to etc. The Cintas Freightliner's won't even roll unless the driveshaft is pulled due to the parking brake that locks on the driveshaft.But the mechanics from Cintas would like the shaft pulled unless it is rear towed otherwise. It is less work to grab from the rear but I don't mind it. Either way it comes home with me! Thanks and stay safe, JARED

bobsbanner.jpg

Archived