Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ttn

TowZone

12.02.13: John Marsee said:

How many companies are taking calls from TTN? Took one so far I'am not happy any word in them be appreciate. Thank John

Randy R said:

Rates they want are cheap.  We are hourly port to port.  When they dispatch a call they estimate what the time is and their always low.  I have always been able to call and get the time adjusted to my actual time spent on the job.  Volume is low for me but I'm not the cheapest in town.  I have done a couple jump/pull starts and 3-4 long distance tows for then. Always pay and mostly within their net 15.  

GeorgeFulk said:

There not bad was one of the very first to sign up with them they always treat me good and we do from 5 to 30 a month for them

SHERIDAN said:

Something I just into about with them. Did a job called to us by the Highway Patrol. Trucking company against our wishes brought in TTN to take care of paying use, after about 2 months we got paid being we wouldn't take a credit card from them. They took out $20 for there handling fee even though they didn't call us. I was mad, it was only $20 but it had to do with the principle of the matter. Emails were sent to several there telling them what happens next time I get that trucking company. I had a call from Bruce within 10 minutes. He told as long as it was a law enforcement call they should not have taken the handling fee out.

Mrshook said:

Did they send you your $20?

kytowman99 said:

I have trouble getting paid ,c.o.d from now on out

Reds said:

Been with them since they started day 1...Seems like there getting harder to deal with the bigger they get as most 3rd parties do in my opinion.  As stated they want cheap, most rates are pre-arranged etc etc. of course I'm always told I'm on the higher end of the rates they "authorize" when faxed a work order it does have a estimated hours with a rate. 

The work goes in spurts.  However I recently took a call for a "winch-out" at a distribution center, knowing the area I didn't figure it would be a real big deal so I sent one of my newer guys on it to gain some experience in a controlled environment. (he runs the small stuff no problems and has worked big accidents so he's not going in blind) To start the call at approximately 0130 it was sent to another provider 25miles further away so after a phone call and 15-20 minutes he has his fax and was on his way (we don't leave without workorders/conformation) runs down the road the 41 miles pulls the unit out gets all the information gets back parks the truck 0445 he's putting his head back on a pillow.  Comes billing time as he's explain the call to me basically driver goes to do a U-turn on the grass plows the front end down to the bumper cover because we all know cranking the wheel hard makes it easier to get through mud...spins the rears down of course the abs/traction control kicks in so all 4 are alternating on which one can get the deepest with a loaded trailer....Well in my opinion which is the same one I expressed to them is we went from a winch-out to a r-e-c-o-v-e-r-y new guy on scene not familiar with the in/outs of 3rd parties takes no pictures or phones me(pictures should've been taken for damage wavier on bumper cover just in case but hey it's a big rig call I'm pumped lets pull rope and hit some levers which I do understand) TTN's rate sheet is broken down by GVW(R) based on the estimated time of 2.1 hours and the rate (which I didn't see until next day) was of a medium duty recovery. So when prompted by there email to accept or deny for an auto close (sound familiar AAA who we have not serviced in years) I deny, finally do get through to someone after a few transfers etc etc It was explained to me that a "simple winch out" is a flat fee within x miles (about equivalent to a medium duty recovery rate at 2 hours) I said okay, this was not a "simple winch-out" and explained what was relayed to me.  After several minute explaining that based on YOUR rates WE agreed on the number authorized (hours/rate) was that of a medium duty recovery not YOUR "simple winch out rate" so explain to me how a loaded T/T is classified as a medium duty call? Well the driver stated he was stuck in a little mud and needed a little winch out, I say I get that but his little mud was axle deep...do you have pictures...no...did you call for more authorized...no I didn't run the call it was a newer guy...well the driver said....so I replied with We've recovered trucks in the median that are only a little off the shoulder...according to the driver blah blah blah so my fault for not making things clearer with my guy there fault for not being willing to work with a guy(provider who they depend on) in short by the time I paid there 20 and 30% to my operator there wasn't much going back to the truck (125). I was only wanting another 100 for our efforts but that was a no-go at this station.  Since we've turned down 3 more calls which may have made some dollars but the calls we do get based on our location is that of the other guy is busy or my rates are on the low low side we'll use them, so until I review them and set them to my standards and they accept I'm good with not doing AAA I mean TTN.  On another note I will add on a call I did last year at some time I gave an ETA as I'm en route still within my time it was a 60 mile one way and I was finishing another call so it was a long eta I was surprised they took it I would get the "update" calls finally I blew up on this lady she was the same one who called every time I very sternly explained to this woman that my business calls were routed to my cell phone on the weekends that you calling me is prohibiting me from doing my job quickly and efficiently, and that the accident I was assisting with while en route to your call had a fatality that maybe there was a reason I did not answer was because I am busy at that very moment and the 2 more moments I didn't answer when you rang 3-5 minutes apart and I'm 2 seconds from declining this run that it may be a good idea to bug someone else today as your about to **** me off (my voicemail says to call my dad and his number is....)so now I have 2 people calling my dad only 1 time because he just knows better when I don't answer...I highly recommended to her that maybe it would be a great idea to call the phone of the person needing assistance if it was a super huge deal to know if we the provider is there yet, you have no idea what is happening out here as well as we don't know half the time as things change I also informed her that she would be the 3rd person to know when I arrive on scene as we are supposed to do anyway and that I am still with in my ETA I am not sure why you are calling me anyways????Oh yes because your computer keeps telling you to and you can't remember that you just rang me 3-5 minutes ago.  With all that being said they must have used our conversation as one of those calls that is recorded for quality assurance because sometime after that I was doing a call for them and first words out of the drivers mouth when I arrived was man am I glad to see you, do you know how many times they've called wanting to know if your here?...My response HMMMM how long you been here? 4 hours hmmm here is my dispatch fax time of 1.5 hours ago. Then you get the deer in the head lights look...you mean they didn't call you 4 hours ago...nope. I didn't get one call for update or at least the office didn't say anything that we did but we were within our ETA Soooo evidently some of those are used as training aides.....Your all Welcome!!!!!roll.gifAlso I would say when they started pay time was great, perform service, send invoice for approval upon approval it was sent to trucking company (Schneider there first and largest account) then within 7 days from invoice date not approval date Schneider was on the phone with a CC to pay no problems then I was sent an invoice from TTN for 20.00 for the reference fee on a per call basis 5 calls a month 100.00 2 calls 40. Then I was automatically enrolled in the TTN will now be paying invoices, I was grandfathered in the 20 fee where as I think they do a percent now, but your about 45-50 days getting your money and the 20 is automatically deducted, reason being they invoice trucking company get there dollar it sits in the bank earns them some interest for 30 days or so then start paying out, I'm sure on a large scale it's several thousand a month/year extra they can earn for doing some creative book keeping. So they can change there way of doing business without a picture or phone call, it just happens but we can't on this end HMMM. I'm not a big 3rd party provider we contract with zero motor clubs for this reason, you sign a paper stating this is how it is and they change things to only benefit one entity and it isn't us, and by the way that old contract is now void we need you to sign the new one, and send in a new copy of your insurance while your at it. We ask for a can you split the difference help a guy out to cover some added expense occasionally  and we get a no, it is what it is. I don't like that, that is not a partnership it's a dictatorshipmad.gif reminds me of the east coast guy. Back to topic there okay to work for I only pointed out some of the negatives I've had or dealt with but it's worth mentioning on a FYI to cover your a** with any one for that matter. Were going to do a rate increase to my standards and if we get the job great if not it is what it is, the volume or lack there of isn't going to make or break me. If any of what I've said isn't allowed edit as needed   Thank you all stay safe, stand your ground and remember 3rd party vendors will not make it with out the provider......

Mrs Hook said:

We did some work for them when we could agree on price. No huge issues....Until:

Worked out a transload deal with them one night ... Definitely an after-hours deal...Middle of the night and they couldn't wait til morning. It took a few phone calls to get all the details straight and reach an agreement on price. We have a minimum for after-hours calls, and we don't accept goa's from motor clubs (once a price is quoted, you owe the price....And you're encouraged to check with your customer to make sure they really need the service, haven't called someone else, etc---this policy cuts down on a lot of BS disregarded calls)...And all these details were discussed and agreed to. I called in a crew, gathered and loaded tools and equipment, and headed to the scene. As we were arriving, they called to disregard. Mind you, we're an hour into it...Not counting phone time. Turned around and returned to the yard, unloaded and put everything away, and the guys headed home. I decided rather than be a horse's ass, I'd just bill the minimum. Got paid: $0.

They still call. I really enjoy when they call about a police dispatched wreck. I tell the customer and them that I am happy to accept payment from whoever wants to foot the bill. All monies received will be applied to the oldest balances first. When we reach the point where the current invoice is paid in full (the newest balance), their property will be released. So far no one has chosen to have us deal with TTN.

Archived