Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Cherry popped

Louwo

First double for me. Early morning impound usually go out with the flatbed and put the trailer on the wl but the only thing I knew was the length of the trailer and was told it was a pick up. Not that it was a dulley or a tri axle trailer. Just pick up and a 25' trailer. Decided as I was waking up to take ol red out as the boss suggested it to.

My one question is something like this if it was a commercial tow would another driver need a double/triple endorsement even if being pulled on a 26k chassis non cdl required truck(I already have my T endorsement)? Asking about commercial calls only because my understanding police ordered tows in NJ many laws are exempted like axle weights and cdl requirements.9a44d69c6792583378bff4ba144b1cea.jpg13c0a657b555aa688da4fccb505c03f5.jpgca04988f5db0f7c2223f2ada104a31e0.jpg

I understand that as towed vehicle being over 10k a class A is needed. I was wondering if a double/tripple endorsemend was needed. Again I have both. Let's say I sent another driver who did not have it for a commercial tow non Police ordered.

I wonder to if this was over 10k as well 2wd cab and chassis with a empty tri axle boat trailer

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, silverhawk said:

It's not the weight of it, but the posted figures on the door sticker.  26,000 gvw on tow unit and less than 10,000 of towed unit. a class A is not required.  The second joint requires double endorsement if not an emergency situation.

And do not forget your med card.

Archived