Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

GOA's

TowZone

Topic Originally Crerated by THTDON tubegreen.gif in March of 2014:

You know the drill.  You send a truck to a location, and find no car.  You call the customer's call back number, and you get voice mail.  So you call in to dispatch to get a GOA.  The dispatcher tells you that you are all set, the GOA has been granted.  But when it comes time to process the invoice, the call info is gone.  So you enter the call manually.  And you learn, as I have, that they won't pay for GOAs that aren't listed, no matter what the dispatcher told you.  Several years ago, and several reps ago, I was told that it was their intention to eventually eliminate paying for GOAs.  I have a stack of GOAs that they have declined to pay from the past few months, all invoices that I entered manually because the call info was gone.  They have been paying the GOAs that are listed.  So it is basically a lazy dispatcher who didn't do his or her job.  Or maybe not?

George Geissinger tubered.gif said:

One of my last GOA's when I was with AGERO was for a winch and maybe tow. Couldn't find car and of course drive around a bit extra looking. No answer on phone like mentioned. Well next day I call customer again and get an answer. Cops came and took car and HER !! DUI ?? She said she called Hyundai or what ever she had and canceled. We some one didn't call someone because I wasted about 2 hours.

doingitall tubered.gif said:

GOA's are just a motor club way to screw us out of money. That is all.

Stewarts Towing said:

I always get the name of the motor club dispatcher when getting a goa. I enter it into the comments section on the bottom, never have a problem not getting paid that way. I believe not having the po# for a goa on the site is their way of getting out of paying. If it's not there it does not exist.
Jean

AB TWG N REC said:

We get our GOAs, but we spend a ton of time on the phone with them jumping through their hoops.  As long as we jump through all of their hoops we get paid on nearly everything, the problem is there is so much involved in their phone/administration process to get paid we end up wondering if it's worth it with them.

flybysaid:

We get a contact #and call to verify information as well as find out if they are still there. We have very few GOA
Bruce
H& H

George Geissinger tubered.gif said:

I do that too but a lot can happen it the 30 min  it takes to get there.

Dodgetowguy134 tubered.gif said:

This is yet another reason why Agero is on Credit Card ONLY upfront for calls and no PO's because of all their issues and payment problems!

EKYtow55 tubeyellow.gifsaid:

Really don't want to comment because everytime I say I don't have a problem then I start having them!

WEBOSLH said:

Not too big an issue yet, but in the past two weeks this has happened many times.  I get a call for road service, change a flat, lock out, jump and so on.  I respond and  I am almost on scene and get a call from the customer that service is not  needed.  By asking the right questions to the customers I have found out  that many of the "so called, good samaritans" were actually other clubs or services called  to provide service to  the customer I was called to.  I am pointing a finger at the customer, not Agero.  In the State of Indiana that is theft of services.  Now, from here on I am going to call Agero customers before starting the truck to make sure I will be the one to provide service.  If the customer has called bubba, bubba can have it.  I will not make a road side run if they have called others to help them, and the first guy that shows up gets the money.  Now on rare occasions, a good sam has arrived.  But that is usually rare. Okay are we all on the same page?

Chevy2 tubered.gif said:

That has been my policy from the get go, the other reason is to make sure they are where the MC says they are.

VERNON75 said:

Any out of area service calls I take I call the customer before I roll. I try my best to make sure they didn't call anyone else. If they don't answer I will give them 10 minutes to call me back, then I get a goa. It seems like people never answer the phone anymore. It's really annoying when the decide to call back seconds after I get a goa. I tell them to call roadside back, and answer the phone when it rings!

ccg tubeyellow.gif said:

you guys need how to play the game,get a good rate for your goa and all will be fine.

OLDTOW tubegreen.gif said:

We have a lot of problems out here in the "wild, wild west". We run mostly freeway all the time, and we call ahead to be sure the customer is where he says he is. Most of our calls are 20-40 miles to the customer. Our problem is that we have a bunch of Highway Patrolmen that carry 2 gal gas, tire changing tools, and jumper cables in their car, and they stop and take care of the motorist before we ever get to them. When we get there and they are no where around, we call them and they won't answer the phone, so we call the Company (Agero, Allstate, NSD, etc.) and they refuse to give us a GOA. The next day we call the company and talk to someone in authority (if there is such a thing) and some times we get paid and some times NOT....Bummmmmer !! So what do we do??  emoticonconfused.gif 

carl4tow said:

don't do roadside calls for them.

oldwinch tubebronze.gif said:

credit card up front would solve that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived