Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tomlinson's Trucks from the early 80's

TowZone

Topic Originally created by BSwelding in July of 2009:

The start of Wrecker #21
1985 Chev 1-Ton 4 x 4
Challenger 4800 with deck winch and tunnel box

BT1.jpg

Tunnel box fabricated by Tomlinson's

BT2.jpg

BT3.jpg

Finished product

BT5.jpg

BT6.jpg

BT7.jpg

A place for everything and everything in its place.
The equipment on each truck is color coded -

this ensures each truck will return home with all of its own equipment.

BT8.jpg

BT9.jpg

Wrecker #20 - 1984 GMC 7000 with Holmes 600

BT11.jpg

BT12.jpg

Proud builder holding trophy from Wisconsin Tow Show
Proud owner all smiles

Da Wash Boss Said:

SPEECHLESS,,,, super nice I love them trucks. Very well equipped as a truck should be. I like the color coding for each truck great idea. Wish you had more pictures of the Holmes 600 up close with details. Thank You for sharing and I gotta tell ya again VERY NICE!!!!

Danny Cassello
TRPC "EST 1963"

BSWelding said:

Danny don't know what kind of details your looking for, Gmc had a 366 gasser engine 5 and 2 at the time it was undoubtedly the nicest truck we owned. My dad put a lot of miles on it .In 1994 it had about 200K miles on it, I put a stiff leg on it and sold it to a close friend,who just recently sold it and it is still towing today.

Owl Wrecker said:

First class all the way. Would've been fun watching Bill work that wrecker.

Truck1946 "Bill Tomlinson" said:

Danny, Purchused new. Our 600 took first place at WI show in 1984 and was the center fold for Dave Jacobs American Tow Trucks. Bob reinforced the tail board, added a real nice compartment between the Holmes cabinets, plus enlarged the quarter compartments as large as possible. It didn't have a leg because it scaled so good. We did allot of long distance work with it. As well as many recoveries. The mate to it is still running in our fleet. Puchased it new in '89. It has a 427 5 and 2, really nice!! Works every day. The one ton was also purchased new and put together by Bob. The deck winch has 350' 3/8 th line, really gets out. It can be run through a block on the boom so it level winds real good. Bob's an excellent fabricater, because he runs the equipment and knows what it has to do. Bob's well known through out the midwest and beyond. We are very proud of his accomplishments and his knowledge of the industry. Bill Tomlinson

P.S. The 1-ton-#21 took many first places in Mid-west tow shows. Plus 1st TRAA show in 1987 in Chicago

VulcanUK said:

look very nice well equiped units, when i first looked at that 4x4 chev i thought what a waste only having a single winch boom ! that was until i got to the picture of that big old drag winch neatly tucked into the deck, very neat.

Nr Waialae Chevron said:

So who are those two skinny guys standing next to the 600 in the last picture? Hmmmm?

Archived