Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

payables rep

Purple92tsi

Topic Originally Created in June of 2016:

My payables rep javier santiago from the north east reagon ghosted me. Cant get a responce from corprate, anyone else having similar issues?

doingitall said:

Yep! Only thing that worked for me is start calling anyone with a phone number and blow up the phone lines until you get a reasonable answer ... Should not be that hard, but apparently it is.

In Memory of National Autow who said:

A lot changed when they lost State Farm.

EKYtow55 said:

They realigned all their reps and regions recently, you may be in another region with a different rep?

purple92tsi said:

Definitely noticed a decline recently also. Is there a rep list posted somewhere? All I can seem to find on there site now is the main payable number that has been doing me no good left messages every day for 2 weeks so far. smh 

doingitall said:

From your home page, under quick links on the left side, find "contact us" and click that link. Opens another window ant has several pages (scroll down) with phone numbers for almost everyone that a provider may need to contact. Find your region and call every number associated with your region, as well as provider relations, payables, whatever, until someone answers or returns your call. Last time I had an issue I called about 15 numbers, none answered. I left very frustrated messages on every call. Then behold ...! Rep calls and is immediately apologetic! A Christmas miracle. I am sure he got heat from above. Actually he was pretty ticked off, but I am sure there were others listening ...

Worked for me, but what a pain in the a$$!

EKYtow55 said:

I know my region and rep has changed but we don't have any calls from anymore since the State Farm loss, before it was Tony and he was a great parables rep!

Hello everyone. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am the Director of Provider Network at Road America.

Note: Bonnie is no longer "Director of Provider Network at Road America". She did such a good job RA change her dept. and appointed a REP that does not communicate.

I want to apologize for the lack of communication you have been experiencing. Yes, we have gone through a regional management change to include payables as well.

Utilizing the following contact info below should take you to the right place by following the prompts.

If your representative is on another call at the moment, please leave a message and they will return your call the same day. If they do not, PLEASE let me know and I will be sure it is rectified. I can also email you a contact list including a map of the new regional structure. This contact list and new region structure will be posted in our portal next week.

Thank you for your patience during the team's transition into their new roles. And, thank you for your valued partnership for those that work with Road America! Stay safe!

Bonnie Verhulst
Director of Provider Network
Road America Motor Club
bverhulst@road-america.com

I have a history of telling people how I see things, good or bad.

I know Bonnie personally. She is one of the Road America representatives that attend the Motor Club Communication Committee meetings at most of the major tow shows. Most recently I have visited with her in Orlando at the Florida show and in St. Louis at the management summit.

Having said all of that, I am glad to see her on tow411. She is a problem solver and I think she takes her position seriously. In the meetings I have been in with her, she clearly understands that all facets of both of our industries are changing and evolving. I can honestly say that I and the MCCC appreciate her position and participation.

In my opinion, she has the ability to be on a par with Patrick Nahoum of NSD.

This is good for Road America, This is good for us.

Philip Julian
TRAA Motor Club Communications Committee - Committeeman

purple92tei said:

Now 30 days with no contact contact from the replacement rep Tony Mejia who I have sent multiple emails to and left multiple phone messages for. Anyone notice a trend here?

EKYtow55 said:

Tony was my parables rep before and never had anything but good to say about him?

Bonnie RA said:

Hello puple92tsi,

Thank you for posting your need to reach payables on this forum. This is exactly what the forum is for, to address questions and concerns in an effort to eliminate any unanswered issues. Please contact me directly at bverhulst@road-america.com with your contact information and provider code. I will research and resolve this for you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. Stay safe out there!

Bonnie Verhulst 
Director of Operation
Road America

purple92tsi said:

Bonnie , Tony has finally contacted me as of the 19th, after over a month of waiting to get my invoices paid -_-.

MACK6X6 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, Bonnie responds to you on the 18th and Tony finally responds to you on the 19th after 30 days of no response - sure makes one wonder now doesn't it.  Sounds (to me anyway) like Bonnie knows how to motivate.  Steve.

I can't help but to throw my nickles worth in here.

Motor clubs have people that can motivate others. We have seen so much negative motivation that we are surprised when we see positive motivation.

Also know that positive for us means that it is likely a $ negative to the club. For example, when was the last time you ever saw anyone complain about being overpaid. Yes, it has happened.

Clubs have operated on the model of ignoring vendors and short paying them for years. They all had to do it to stay competitive with each other. Their call centers are noting more than numbers machines with tons of analytical reports about the number of calls, the amount paid vs received etc.

Fortunately for the industry, things like this board exist now and we can air our dirty laundry in public. When tower "A" sees that the same issues are occurring with tower "B", then it adds legitimacy to their argument of shortage and no pay. The fact that we talk about it openly is the single largest factor to cause any change, in my opinion.

As a whole, the clubs still have a long way to go however you see things like Bonnie at RA making things happen for providers. This is a matter of survival for the clubs. We have had clubs that lost a huge percentage of providers due to these issues and sometimes, in some areas, they are scrambling to recover. Once you **** of a provider enough to stop taking calls and you run out of others, you have a problem. Most clubs realize this and they are trying to rectify that while remaining profitable.

RA is one of the best examples of that. My bet is that they intentionally let the Farm go to the big "A". If price is the deciding factor and RA can't pay right AND make a profit, then why do it?

I think that eventually all clubs will come around. There has been too much conversation between providers and in my non legal opinion, some of this appears to border on illegal. All it would take is to get a class action suit going and the game will change. Please know that I am NOT advocating for that to happen however I believe it is certainly a possibility in the future. That having been said, I doubt RA would be named in it however it would not be up to me.

As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If your wheels are squeaking or RA invoices not being paid, contact Bonnie. She is the motivator.

Archived