Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

No payment for january's services from allied dispatch....

TowZone

05-17-17: Central Towing GA

In December of 2016 we started to see the writing on the wall. While they agreed to our retail rates, their twice a month pay structure by EFT was taking longer and longer to be paid. After we ran January 2017 calls we elected to stop. We told Allied, no more EFT. If they wanted our services as "primary provider" (whatever that means) then we could no longer accept EFT. Has to be CC up front or we dont move.....yada yada yada. You all know the tune.

Well now its now mid-May and still we've seen no payments for January. We have been down the rabbit hole with their billing department, billing department supervisor, billing department manager and a top level manager named Patrick Davis who stated everyone I spoke with prior was either gone or didn;t know what they were talking about. He said they were restructuring and to bear with them. I asked what would he do if Allied refused give him a paycheck for 1 months of work that is now 4.5 months late. He said he was aware of the issue and they were fighting a 90 day pay cycle. 90 DAYS!?!?!

Patrick assured me he would look into it once back from the Florida tow and that he would give me a call that Tuesday when he returned. I stated, "I hope so and look forward to hearing from you." He then stated "his word, was his bond".

Well, you can imagine I wouldn't have made this thread if I had heard from him. Call his office, no answer. Try his email, no response. At this point, we're still taking calls because they have been on CC since February and because frankly...we charge the hell out of them because of these issues.

Just a rant to vent and provide some insight for others. Hopefully, this isn't happening to you and if anyone hasn't switched to CC, do it before you get the "90 day cycle" garbage.

NationalAuto said:
Thank you for that information. They are now on "CASH PLUS" with me. (Not that we ever do much for them anyway)

You have been considerably more patient than we would have been. Best wishes on getting the money you lost doing business with them. Please keep us posted and let the world beware.

ShumanServices said:
Haven't had a problem so far cause they're CC up front. The only issue we have here is they only cover $50, the customer has to pay out of pocket.

ESC said:
We have done credit card only.... double retail (or more).... if they are calling me, they are desperate. Usually they dont accept as the coverage limit isnt near enough.

deperone said:
We've ever only dealt with them on a CC upfront basis, as we do with a lot of the clubs. I just did one today, $90 paid up front before I even walked out to my truck. I believe we're in the same boat as ESC, if they get to us on the list they are just about at the end of said list. That's fine by me.

5-18-2017
Central Towing GA said:
We are certainly the last and final hope for most of the clubs that call our area. Allied from the start was very easy to work with and the payment was stated directly on the PO. No mileage garbage, no payment portal. We quoted retail rates, they paid. Well, until they didn't recently. Seems to always be the pattern. They have some of the most ignorant dispatchers to boot. But thats another story.

The customers do have a $50 benefit but 90% of them seem to have no issues coming out of pocket for the overage. Often Allied covers it on their end. Our trucks aren't moving for $50 rest assured.

I will continue to update this thread. I have several emails I could post between myself and the Nexus payments manager. Nexus seems to be the name of their accounting department or either a 3rd party contractor who handles it for them.

We WILL get the money or I will simply accept a call, run the CC and not service the call. When someone finally calls, I'll respond with "thanks for getting back with us.....lets chat about January's PO's,"

6-6-2017
Central Towing GA said:
Well, we finally got paid by Allied last week. After 3 months of run around with their payment department, finance supervisor, and 2 different zone managers, I spoke with a regional VP that issued us a CC. Lots of administration time lost and barely, and I do mean barely got an apology. But thats not what I care about anyway, just the paper that pays the bills. Lesson learned and hope others will heed this warning. Their accounts payable department is in shambles, (tons of lies, employee turnover, etc.). It gets said around here time and time again but, "Get a CC, run the CC before even dispatching a driver, then perform service!" Should be Tow411's MC sub-forum mantra.

markthespark1999:
wow we have the same problem they still owe us from january it seems all but hopeless to get paid from this company i do not understand we did the work for them and now they will not pay us 
S&R TOWING - CLARKSVILLE INDIANA

Central Towing GA said:
Hey mark, get in contact with Patrick Davis and tell him your issues. He is in charge of the west coast supposedly. Thats who I had to blow up to get any where.

Patrick.Davis@AlliedDispatch.com
(423) 900-8328

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We signed up with them as a contracted provider back in December at our typical motor club rates and from day one they 

have always paid with a CC attached to the PO they have pretty good volume in our area but in the last couple of weeks we haven't 

heard much from them not sure if they have picked up a new provider or what but I would be glad to do some more work for them never any issues 

Just experienced them first hand this weekend. Was not pleasant. Got cc info and was asked to not run till services were completed. Ok I asked my driver to wait before dropping I'll run cc. Declined... I call allied was put on a hold for a long time. Finally was told the car is not at destination. I said it was just still on my driver's bed. I saw my driver in the lot. I bet the service just assumed it was not there since he did not drop off the keys. I asked my driver to at least announce himself to service after wasting 30 min. Now after appx 45 min wasted the cc was released and I could get a auth# from the merchant services. I said to the guy how about you call the owner and ask if I picked it up not the destination. Now I know what to expect and will bill accordingly for the extra time it takes.

• 3 weeks later...

was it going to a pep boys I do know pep boys requires allied to have there providers run the cc 

after the vehicle has been verified at the destination... At least that's how it works in our area anyway 

but usually the dispatcher will inform us it is a pep boys call and ask if we are ok with running the card after the vehicle has been dropped 

off in which case if it is a night call we normally run the card the next morning after the store has opened or you can take a pic of the vehicle at pepboys and allied will get you paid that night but im like you everytime I call I do sit on hold quite a while... so I choose 

to just run it the next morning but next time if its going to a pep boys you know what to expect especially 

Yes it was a pep boys and yes now I know what to expect. I'll have my driver walk in before dropping if I do take another call like this and will ask for payment accordingly expecting another 30 min to a hour on the call.

Archived