Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Many Towers want to be Frst Reponders

I continue to hear how a Tow Operator is a First Responder. I'm not here to debate placing a Tow Truck and its Operator in the First Responder Classification. At times Tow Trucks are summoned with First Responders. In general the Tow Truck is further down the line.

What the Tow Truck Operator does share in common with the First Responders are the Harzards of the job. Often the Hazards are increased by the lack of back up that the First Respond general have to control the scene.

One of the First things to learn is not to take it home, that's hard to do for a Tow Op. But, it is best for the Loved Ones not to relate the close calls. We ALL have them, some of us more than others. I don't want my family to worry so much. I want hugs when ever I see them, cause I know it could be the last time. "Slow Down Move Over" can only do so much. Too often it is a distracted or impaired driver that Murders a fellow Tow Truck Operator! One of us

I would like to take this opportunity to share this prayer with everyone involved in the Towing & Recovery Industry that has not seen it previously.

A Towers Prayer

Almighty God, Whose great power and eternal wisdom
embrace the universe, watch over all those in towing.
Protect them from harm in the performance of their duty
out there on our roadways all round the world. We pray,
help them keep safe both day and night. We recommend
them to your loving care because their position is dangerous.
Grant them unending strength and expertise in their daily
assignments. Dear God, look after our brothers and sisters.
Grant them your almighty protection and unite them safely
with their families at the end of the day.
Amen

written by
Ron Parrish

Not nearly enough is done to minimize the exposure to RISK. And hold those who fail to take steps to be proactive in minimizing risk accountable. This includes drivers, management, owners and shareholders as well as motor clubs, vehicle owners, insurance companies, and lawmakers. Companies that do not proactively do everything humanely possible to prevent the serious injury death of an employee should be priced out of the industry via high insurance rates. Companies that do the right thing, are safety oriented and safety proactive should be rewarded with lower premiums.

How many of you provide and require your operators to wear safety glasses/eye protection? You are required to provide them for your employees. You are also required to ensure they are used and used properly. 

Archived