News Ticker
  • 2018 Motor Club Ranking Underway
  • Many thanks to our sponsors and patrons for their continuous support of our community.
  • Slow Down Move over
TowZone

Newer Ford F-series Overhead Console

2017OHC.png

OK, for those who have the newer Fords. I like having the overhead switch panel, it is taking some time to get use too.

For so many years the panel was either on the floor or the dash. Always hated the floor mount, dash was a little better.

My issue is the dome lights are in the front now. The rear dome lights had their issues, these have nearly the truck cab,

but not the right direction for writing. Has anyone had this issue and have you developed a solution?

When I built my 550 I removed the interior to install the consoles and other equipment I placed 2 wires in side the roof console.  I mounted an LED light in the area behind the switches and for additional lighting.  Warning.  It is difficult to remove this console very hard plastic snaps.  It is easier to remove complete headliner to access

If you can send me a picture of the led lights or post them here I can get a better idea. Might try to see what Our shop that worked the switches says about adding them when it goes in for some other additions later this month.

If only the interior lights were as bright as the headlights. Do on coming cars flash their lights at your truck as though you have the high beams on? If I catch it fast enough, I show them the high beams, the lights actually need 3 settings. Urban, Rural and near Blinding for those pitch dark nights.

I love my Ford's headlights.  We have lots of deer out here so it helps a lot.  I do feel sorry for all the people constantly flashing their lights at me though.

By the way, is there a harness from the switches someplace that we can tap accessories into or do we have to go right to the switches?  I have some unused switches in the overhead console that I'd like to put to use.

I love my Ford's headlights.  We have lots of deer out here so it helps a lot.  I do feel sorry for all the people constantly flashing their lights at me though.

By the way, is there a harness from the switches someplace that we can tap accessories into or do we have to go right to the switches?  I have some unused switches in the overhead console that I'd like to put to use.

I just tilted the 550 headlights down a little. Did a lot better for oncoming traffic. Get a lot less people flashing me back. Also improved high beam performance instead of them tilted to far up.

The "4 lights always on" design of the new front end probably makes a lot of people think your high beams are on.  I do find most of them (as tow trucks) do appear excessively bright, but I've also noticed that the truck builders around here never seem to adjust the lights after they add the weight of the wrecker bed.  I've adjusted the lights on several new trucks in the past few years...so you might try lining it up on a nice blank wall and do some adjusting, especially compared to a normal light duty truck (non-wrecker.)

Richard

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.