Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

High pressure options

Reds

Been looking at purchaseing a couple 2-3 high pressure air bags with the intensions of using truck supplied air to operate them.  Been doing the ol google search checking options.  I'm not being a brand specific nor do I know what works better or not so good hopefully some can chime in.  Checking Zips they have the Miller version which as I understand is Matjack, the kit is 22 ton at and 32 ton 20x20 the 32 21x25 with regulators hose etc. BA has an assortment of bags pending what you want.  Then you move on to the higher pressure 145 psi which will be an issue with a truck that kicks out around 125+- but offer little more tonnage in the same size. I've also found a "flat form" which appears is made by SAVA Tech and there design is a more flat bag when it raises...contacts more surface area through out the lift, instead of a bubble as it raises but is limited to 6.7 inches regardless of bag dimensions but can be stacked 3 high vs 2 high. So questions I would have based on the vast majority of calls they would be used to try and get straps, chains, cribbing to support or rig for a load, as we use them I'm sure we will find more uses but that is the initial use.  Should a guy purchase a larger dimensional or smaller for any particular reason? Go rectangular or stay square?  Any and all information would be great from those that know, I'm just trying to learn

Thanks 

We have both Sava and Hallmatro brands, all in square, ranging from 20 - 40 tonne. They run fine from truck air but we generally only use them to lift enough to get a strap under, as they tend to become more unstable the higher you lift. We started by purchasing 2 x 20 tonne bags but found them a very useful tool and quickly expanded to the larger sizes. Like all tools you will soon find other uses for them like load shifts and we’ll worth the expense.

Archived