Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

80 KW with a Holmes 750 / Holmes add on U/R

TowZone

suptow83 tubegreen.gif added this image in July of 2011:

suptow83A.md.jpg

just got her was wondering how to free up the winches for up and down and i was told that the

under reach was a Holmes add on never seen one like this before any help would be appreciated.

Jeepfreak said:

congratulations.beautiful kw.just love them Holmes.

regards.

jim[canuk]fraser.

FredsTowingnj tubegreen.gif said:

Congrads.......It looks good from what i seen riding by you on route 18 in that monsoon of a rain storm we had.
fredsig.jpg

vulcanuk said:
Nice purchase i was tempted with that truck but have to many toys now lol. That's a Holmes Superstar add on underlift. 

As for the controls start off with plenty of WD40 around all the pivot pins from the rods at the controls right up to the gearbox including the clutch shafts into the gearbox and just keep working it in, the rear pivots bolted to the floor are grease-able but if its been standing i would try the same before greasing if that fails you will have to strip them down, those pivots and the pins in all the control rods have little plastic bushes which you can buy real cheap, along with almost anything else for a old Holmes unit, we still buy Holmes parts from Rick in the parts dept he's good man.

Miracle1 said:
I went through that with mine sprayed with blaster for days, got tired of messing with it bought new shafts, bushings, sprockets, cable assembly and cut the old out...Cost was minimal compared to wasted time....Took about 4 days to get parts...I dealt with Kevin Hamman at Hamman engineering...    

Truck looks good though...Good luck with it....
Kenny Miracle
''Miracles Do Happen Here''
4cf1684fdf1bee71b58477f97563304a6b4b41c2.pjpg

suptow83 tubegreen.gif said:
the controls operate fine its the manual crank for the boom up and own that is seized i really could use the extend option

Archived