Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down: Drunk driver hits, kills tow truck driver in Cypress (TX) UPDATED

TowNews

920x920.jpg

A tow truck driver was killed Saturday after being hit by a drunk driver in Cypress, police said.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office said that the victim was putting a boat into the back of his flatbed on Grand Parkway near Bridgeland Creek Parkway around midnight when a man in a Toyota veered off the road and hit the flatbed.

The driver of the car was hospitalized with minor injuries, police said. He faces manslaughter charges.

The identities of the victim and the driver were not immediately available.

RESOURCE LINK

One more senseless tragedy. Another life lost and many lives affected. It’s been illegal to brink and drive for over 50 years and yet people still do it. I feel so bad for the tow truck drivers family and friends. Thoughts and prayers. 

As found on the Gaston WreckerServic e and Storage FB Page:

Posted by the company owner,

As I sit here today, trying to build the strength to send this out .... I am realizing this is almost impossible for me to do.... Please bear with me as I struggle for words to put this out to everyone ... It is with the heaviest of hearts to actually admit it's real regarding the loss of one of our finest, Edward M. Giant.

Ed was more than an employee to our company, he was and always will be family. I can't seem to accept the fact that he's actually gone but through time reality sets in.

I just would like to express the gratification of knowing Ed and having him as a part of our team/family. Ed Giant will never be forgotten. Please keep his brother Michael in your prayers as he deals with the loss of his brother. Funeral arrangements will be posted when details are made available. I love you guys! We aren't a company together, WE ARE FAMILY!

Archived