Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Dolly Straps

I buy good quality heavy duty 1" motorcycle tie downs.  They work great.  I keep 4 in my door panel of my truck.   I use them for dollies and also all sorts of other things.... Strapping doors or hoods shut from crashes, etc.

• Like 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Separate topic 

Anybody know of a consolidated source that provides vehicles make, year, model  similar to “Tow Spec” but instead lists weather or not the steering wheel locks? 
Had a 97 Tacoma the other day & the steering wheel locked, front wheels were straight, didn’t have to tie it off 👍

Thought for sure it was going to be a swinger , it being an older vehicle model 

On 1/17/2023 at 8:46 AM, Virgil said:

Separate topic 

Anybody know of a consolidated source that provides vehicles make, year, model  similar to “Tow Spec” but instead lists weather or not the steering wheel locks? 
Had a 97 Tacoma the other day & the steering wheel locked, front wheels were straight, didn’t have to tie it off 👍

Thought for sure it was going to be a swinger , it being an older vehicle model 

I am not saying that I always have tied them off every time.... but you absolutely SHOULD tie everyone.   Its a good use for one of the 1" motorcycle straps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Got it 

I went to tie it off with the seat belt & the release clicker was missing

Then I checked the steering wheel and it was locked 

Looking back on it

It was an abandoned vehicle

no need to rush the process on those 👍

(most of the time)