Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

If you can't Dodge it Ramp it!

Had a little different one the other day. It was a 3 car accident,(I don't have a picture of the third car) the Buick under the minivan hit a Dodge Caravan before sliding under this one. To get the Buick out from under the van we used 2 of the rollbacks we had out, and lifted on both ends of the minivan, then pulled the car out from underneath and loaded them up. Sorry I don't have any pictures of how we set up. 

IMG_20230103_182752_922.thumb.jpg.527338548fb4eb105e8ec00b60fa5fb4.jpg

IMG_20230103_182832_558.thumb.jpg.ba827c3083711c20a3e0bec7d0b944a9.jpg

• Like 2

Hell they will total the van anyway, I'd just snatched the car out and let the van fall down. I say that but then again if I know they are insured might have called for my heavy to lift it so I could charge the shit out the insurance. Lol great work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

LOL! Yea we really considered just yanking it out, but there was quite a few people there watching, and the fire dept was worried how we were going to get it out from under. We also debated calling our 20 ton wrecker out to lift it off, but we already had 3 trucks out for the 3 vehicles, so we used that plan.

• Like 1

I am going to lift the rear tire on the SUV enough to drive the Buick out from under it, then lower the SUV and tow both. Then again I drive an auto-load with a boom. Most drive a rollback. I think I could figure the carrier recovery just as easily, but then I have been doing this way to long. Most of these are easily, I just don't want to do it anymore cause most of it is easy to me anymore. Just need to know you have the skills and believe. There is a solution with patience. LOL Patience is a Virtue!

Edit: Oh, before I here it. I can add a low line if there is a chance of rollover. Also, if there is a second unit, that unit can pull the other vehicle out. However, why call out a second unit when the vehicle will likely start and drive. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 11:31 AM, EdsTowing said:

That's a nice job...plenty of drama built in. Remember it's all about "the show"....that is your stage out there. Look the part & charge accordingly.

That is the truth!  Clean trucks and clean employees = more opportunity to charge accordingly