Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: The Future of Towing

rreschran

Hi All ... I found a really interesting article covering the topic of self-driving (robotic) cars and what the industry's future of towing looks like? Although written from one writer's perspective, I find the topic facinating and possibly accurate suggesting we towers (and tow related businesses) shouldn't bury our heads in the sand, but take action in preparing for what might be coming. Take a minute to read the article and then compare your buiness plan to what may be the reality of towing & recovery. Smart business minds don't panic; especially when knowledge and preparation is prepared to meet the future. The article mentions year 2025 ... that's only 7x years from now. So I'll ask, "What's your business plan for the future?"       R.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/outlook/article/Will-self-driving-cars-put-tow-trucks-out-of-12911734.php

Randall C. Resch

I believe that towing, the physical action of towing will decrease, but roadside service to replace modules will blossom. Tomorrow's tow operator will have to be tech savvy. The tow man or tow woman of tomorrow will be highly trained and highly skilled. They will use a lap top more than a snatch block.  They will have to operate a scanner and be able to replace modules on a casualty.

Thirty years ago, if I told a technician that one day a car will not have a distributor or spark plug wires what would they have thought?

Archived