Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

An Old Fentron

TowZone

slims11.md.jpg slims12.md.jpg

hdtowman65 said:

Nice old pic. I remember Slim's, used to be from down near Bogota area. Used to be on the State Police list.

Thanx for the pic.
Rick

criger.gif

unknown member said:

Yes, he was in the next town over from Bogota in Ridgefield Park, right across from Apache auto wreckers.

michael212 said:

Those Fentron's were made 50 miles north of us in Lynnwood, WA.

From the looks of that one it must have been the late 70's or early 80's when that one was made. sigmichael212.gif

unknown member said:

Michael, the truck was bought new as a tractor in 76 and made right away into a wrecker, so id imagine the crane was made in either 75-76. My grandfather actually flew out to tour the plant before he bought the crane. He bought it through Manhattan Towing Company MTC who was a dealer at the time. My father has been out of business since 1993 and sold the truck locally to an auto body who has been trying to sell it for about the past 2 years.

Da Wash Boss said:

thats a sharp looking truck. i have a sales brochure from fentron and a truck just like that is on it.

Danny Cassello - TRPC - East Hartford, CT

michael212 said:

By the looks of the "square" cut outs for the tail lights I would say aleast 1976. The earlier models had a larger vertical rectangled indentation that housed the standard round tail & back-up lights. If I recall Fentron didn't last much longer than 1978. I know Richard aka: Ibflat has some pics of these units???

Looks like this one might have had hydraulic extendable booms too????
Michael Myers
sigmichael212.gif

Gale25yrs said:
I'm only 25 minutes away from Jack's in Woodland and I think he still has the Oberg.

micael212 said:
If I recall the KW that Jack's in Woodland, WA. has is a 30-ton Fentron. The Ford LN9000 that worked along side of that KW while at Dick's Towing in Tukwila, WA. for many years had a 25-ton Oberg on it. Don't know where the old Ford during the Road 1 thing?

Both of those units worked alot of jobs. Too bad Richard or anyone else doesn't have any old pics. sigmichael212.gif

Recreated from original topic in 2006:

Archived