Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

FirstNet First Responder Network

ProTower

• 2 months later...

In the long and short of it YES. 

Yes, it's available to a Towing & Roadside company  that services a law enforcement/fire-rescue rotation list..

You'll get setup as an "extended user" on FirstNet and get setup as your own "agency account"  since you'll be paying the bill.

You'll need a letter/email from the rotation list authority (sheriff/highway patrol/county commissioners/ local police) stating that you provide your services via the rotation list and as such you are supporting the public safety and services... That's how the process works to qualify.

• Thanks 1

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

• 5 weeks later...

We will not be switching to FirstNet, however are open to switch if they rectify their issues with our initial testing.   September 2019-30 day test of FirstNet vs our service provider.  We were provided 2 FirstNet enabled phones and the phones were shared by us and another towing company.  We tested side by side with over 7 different devices in total.   In theory and more marketing talk AT THAT TIME.  Connectivity was our main metric, price was not.  FirstNet has a unique department within AT&T reach out to your rep, you may be able to do a similar current test for your area.