Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Commercial Van Over Guardrail

• Platinum Sponsor

Topic Originally created in February of 2007:

Received a call from Mass State Police to respond to Rte. 140S @ exit 6 for a commercial van that had struck the guardrail and rolled over onto its roof, roughly 20' down the embankment. We responded with our 60 ton rotator to lift the van straight up over the guardrail and lowered it onto the roadway. When the van was in place we used our ramp truck to transport it back to our Freetown location.

vanoverguardrail001.jpg

vanoverguardrail002.jpg

vanoverguardrail003.jpg

vanoverguardrail004.jpg

vanoverguardrail005.jpg

vanoverguardrail006.jpg

vanoverguardrail007.jpg

vanoverguardrail008.jpg

vanoverguardrail009.jpg

vanoverguardrail010.jpg

vanoverguardrail011.jpg

vanoverguardrail012.jpg

vanoverguardrail013.jpg

vanoverguardrail014.jpg

vanoverguardrail015.jpg

vanoverguardrail016.jpg

vanoverguardrail017.jpg

vanoverguardrail018.jpg
bigwheelsig.jpg

1Caleb said:
When I look at the first pic showing where you ran your recovery straps I thought no way that part of the van will hold. But I was wrong and it did. You guys are pros. Nice job!!collegebanner1.jpg

Eric BigWheelRecovery said:
thanks for the nice comment i know people are saying what are those crazy guys from big wheel doing lifting that threw the windows.
But believe me that is very strong HEY I'M NOT USING MY DOUBLE J HOOKS LOL PLUS THAT VAN WAS LOADED WITH TOOLS VERY HEAVY .
THANKS ERIC ..
bigwheelsig.jpg

capptow said:
When you run a strap like that does it not buckle the roof?
Looks good i was just wondering.
ryan

Big Wheel Recovery said:
GOOD question in some cases yes but in this no the van was a total loss so we don't get fancy we do things as fast and safe as possible in that case we knew from doing so many of these thing that the roof was the way to go plus the police want the ramp open we did this job in about 15 min start to finish we were there all rigged before the ambulance got there .the rotator is our tool that we depend on everyday. we could not work without it today .
bigwheelsig.jpg

Archived