Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ford LCF Nightmare...

I remember when these came out I looked in to buying one for a Rollback. Unfortunately (not in hind sight) I didn't fit in it very well...and I had my doubts on the "mini Powerstroke" engine so I passed. I believe they turned in to a big disappointment for Ford and never saw sales to justify their creation. We brought this one in a couple months ago for a no start problem. My guys diagnosed it that it needs a Transmission Control Module which is no longer available. To make matters worse, we couldn't find a Ford dealer that still had the knowledge or software to program it if we could find a replacement TCM. Even tried International since they had their own rendition of this but apparently the software wasn't compatible. So we told the owner he had to make a decision and he wanted it towed 40 miles to a dealer near his company which we were happy to do...

20220930_112119.thumb.jpg.95ad239b2e83b75085afaabc780eea1d.jpg

20220930_122949.thumb.jpg.8ce3b105df3b2b91a9694f641c8960d6.jpg

Doesn't necessarily need the heavy but it was already outside and I didn't feel like dropping the shaft so... 

• Like 4