Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Greetings from California - Greater San Francisco Bay Area

My name is Cal. I'm a workaholic. I am interested in getting a rollback flatbed( redundant?).  I was self-employed for 37 years until Sept. 2020. 

I found this forum online and I have questions...many. I will not overload you with my questions all at once. The main question is where do I post questions about vehicle and equipment type? See, that wasn't so bad was it?

Hi Cal ... welcome to the site. As a new member to the industry, I'm sure your brain is working overtime in learning the ins and outs of the industry.

Since you're not too far from Las Vegas (700-miles) from the bay, hop on Southwest Airlines and attend American Towman's, Las Vegas Tow Show, September 21 through 23, to see all the industry related bling and toys offered. Especially true to new start-up companies, you can go face-to-face with many of the industry's insurance providers and lenders who have booths there. There's plenty to see there and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Here's the show link:  http://www.lasvegastowshow.com/

Good luck on your business.

R.

Randall C. Resch

Thank you for the greetings. It has been a bit since I have visited this forum. I am going to Las Vegas for the show. I also purchased an ancient truck with a Jerrdan Wrangler 2 rollback. It has a 26 foot steel bed. I have been looking for a chassis to mount the bed. Every compliant chassis I have found starts at $40k with 250k-375k miles on it. I may search for a gas truck. I would need to drive many miles to justify the expense of a diesel truck in the beginning. Any leads on a gas Ford or Chevy truck.

Sorry for the run-on blabbing.  English was not my major in elementary school.