Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Police Searching for Tow Truck Driver Who Shot at Rival (NY)

A tow truck driver remains at large after he shot at a competing tow truck driver on a Sunnyside street Thursday.

The suspect got into a dispute with his 44-year-old rival outside 47-56 45th St. at around 1:35 p.m. where an accident had taken place, according to police.

The victim, police say, was called to the scene to tow a vehicle from the collision and then got into an argument with the suspect at the location. Sources say they were arguing over who was taking the tow job.

The dispute escalated and the enraged driver then yelled “I got something for you” at the victim.

The suspect then grabbed a gun from his truck and fired off several shots at the victim. The gunshots did not strike anyone, however, one of the bullets smashed through the rear windshield of an unoccupied white SUV that was parked on the street, according to reports.

The alleged shooter then fled the scene, police said.

No injuries were reported, and no arrests have been made.

The owner of the SUV told NBC New York that he considers himself fortunate not to have been struck by the bullet, given he was in the vehicle minutes before the shooting.

“I’m very lucky, very lucky,” he said.

RESOURCE LINK

Queens tow truck driver fires shot at rival, hits innocent bystander’s SUV

A tow truck driver fired a gunshot at a competing tow truck driver in a fight over business in Queens Thursday — and the bullet stuck an SUV belonging to an innocent bystander, according to police and witnesses.

The angry tow man took aim at his 44-year-old rival near 45th Street and 48th Avenue in Sunnyside at around 1:35 p.m., then took off on foot, according to police sources.

A bullet hit the rear window of a GMC Acadia parked nearby — and landed near the driver’s seat — just 20 minutes after the man behind the wheel had exited the vehicle, he told The Post.

“I came back and I saw the car was shot,” said the SUV driver, who identified himself only as Gus. “I’m very lucky that I’m alive.”

Nobody was injured in the incident. Cops were hunting for the suspect, who fled north in a white shirt, Thursday afternoon.

RESOURCE LINK