Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri Roskopf's Blog - Like A Rock

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

From Geri Roskopf's Blog:

My son use to tell me that when he had a good night’s sleep he slept “like a rock”

If you’re in the towing and recovery business, you often don’t feel that way. I spent three days watching my granddaughters and I can tell you, the next night I did sleep like a rock.

Sleep is something we all need more of, and yet it is still so elusive and sometimes not because of our jobs. Sleep is good and necessary.

How enough sleep can help:

Sleep can boost your immune system. Your immune cells and proteins get the rest they need to fight off whatever comes their way.

Gaining zzzs can help prevent weight gain. If you don’t sleep enough, you get more stressed and don’t have the energy to fight off junk food cravings.

Sleep can strengthen your heart. Just like your immune system, your heart needs rest in order to function powerfully and properly.

Better sleep = better mood. If you sleep well, you wake up feeling rested and it helps your energy levels rise.

Sleeping can increase productivity. Sleep improves concentration and higher cognitive function.

Lack of sleep can be dangerous – literally. Lack of sleep increases the chances of a crash.

Sleep can increase exercise performance. This helps with hand-eye coordination, reaction time and muscle recovery.

Sleep improves memory. Even though sleep gives your body rest, you mind is still hard at work – it’s still processing and consolidating your memories from the day.

Some humor to help:

Coffee isn’t working; get the jumper cables. 

I’m so tired my tired is tired. 

Sleeping Beauty says, if he truly loves me, he’ll let me sleep. 

Wishing you sweet dreams.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

• Like 1