Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ontario Recovery Group

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in August of 2012:

How many here are Members of the Ontario Recovery Group.

What other Towing Associations exist in Canada and are you a member?

Acetowing said:

ORG and Provincal Towing Association. (PTAO)

Shawn (Baker2008) and Tom Kells are ORG members, I don't believe there are any other members active on here.
We were a member of the PTAO, but we are no longer a member for a few reasons.

The President does come on here the odd time, I don't believe his profile is filled out though and I can't remeber the screen name, he did comment on a few posts a while back.

Bryce Weber - Aces Towing
WM 091409 Level 6/7
1-519-889-3350

MJorgensen said:

I am the secretary for a local county towing association that exists to provide a rotation for law enforcement. No local ORG members here that I know of. Not a member of the Provincial assoc. (PTAO) but I should be, I think.

Canadiantowman said:

I thought to be apart of ORG you had to be an owner.

MJorgensen said:

I am an owner, but I also wash the trucks, change the oil and tires etc, oh and I drive too ....

Edwardstowing said:

I am a member of both PTAO and ORG

Kevin Edwards
Wreck Master 071284
phone #705-789-6384
fax #1-888-789-7857
http://www.edwardstowing.ca/

QueenswayTire said:

We are an ORG member as well.

Towdriver said:

The company I work for (Northland Truck Centre) is a member of the ORG. Not suprised as Doug Nelson used to own the company.

Just My Opion Not The Boss'
Grant 24 Hour Towing & Recovery

pttowguy said:

We are a member of both PTAO and ORG also.

myerssig.png.06904cc26fd00f12b2658dd538471524.png

Stapleytowin said:

LOL Jorgenson is cheif cook and bottle washer hahahahah. Looked into joining but haven't done anything yet. we likely will join the PTAO but the ORG you have to get voted into by current members and have a minimum 2 HD wreckers. Good lookin group but we aint large enough in the sticks.

Stapleysig.jpg.3c75cf77ae6b7e67d26f3f453098d17e.jpg

EricGoddard CA said:

We are also a member

Kells Towing said:

We are members of both the ORG and PTAO

Feenstras said:

We are also a member of the ORG.

fenstrassig.jpg.0f1cfd370fa37286fe008061282a7074.jpg

Baker2008 said:

My father belongs to the "ORG" and I believe being an owner is a requirement.

Perhaps Mr. Doug Nelson (Executive Director) can comment further on any inquiries anyone may have. The Ontario Recovery Group has a website www.ontariorecoverygroup.com, or call toll free 1-866-356-0033.

Hope this helps now, or in future.

Randy1 said:

We (Randy's Towing) & our member's of the N.B.T.R.G. (New Brunswick Towing and Recovery Group)

usbtowman said:

or the information of the readers the Ontario Recovery Group AKA ORG is an organization of heavy duty tow operators that are committed to improving both the tow industry and providing excellent service to the consumer. ORG was originally formed in 1981 by a handful of heavy duty operators (including the late Donnie Cruse) who established the mission statement listed below. ORG has been far more active politically since 2005 and is recognized as the go to association by the Ministry of Transportation and other government agencies when issues with heavy duty towing arises. ORG was instrumental in obtaining the "Payment Garanty" for heavy-duty towing in Ontario and also the many changes in relation to the Over-length / over-weight regulations. There are many other initiatives with the Ontario Government the ORG is currently working on. To gain membership in ORG a company must "apply" and once the completed application is received it is passed on to the membership committee who screens the application, visits the applicants facilities then presents the application and make their recommendations at the next business meeting. Having two heavy wreckers is not mandatory but recommended. We do have a few members who operate only one heavy duty wrecker. Professionalism and a keen desire to move the industry forward are essential elements in a successful application. ORG works for the betterment of ALL tow operators NOT just the members. Regards, Doug Nelson

The mission of the Ontario Recovery Group (ORG Inc.) is to promote the professional development and standards regarding all aspects of the Heavy Towing and Recovery Industry. All members are encouraged to let the following points be their guide.The Ontario Recovery Group members shall promote harmony and companionship among its members and competitors.

The Ontario Recovery Group shall provide its members with a means of exchanging ideas and information with respect to the towing and recovery industry.

The Ontario Recovery Group shall encourage the development of a professional approach and positive attitude in all phases of the towing and recovery industry.

The Ontario Recovery Group shall sponsor, sanction and promote training courses that will benefit members of the industry.

Ontario Recovery Group shall develop and promote acceptable standards of equipment, facilities, drivers, training and conduct.

The Ontario Recovery Group shall develop and promote methods of regulation of the standards for the industry.

The Ontario Recovery Group shall provide all levels of government with a means of communication to the towing and recovery industry.

In this regard, it is our pledge to sustain friendly, straightforward and honest relations with our customers; productive, respectful and supportive relations with our employees; and wholesome and contributory relations within the community wherein we reside.

TowMonster1062 said:

My boss is a co founder of ORG we belong to both as well

protower said:

we are part of ptao but not org. the boss was in the process of joining when he died 2 1/2 years ago his wife hasn't followed up on it since.