Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Wireless crossover?

mooresbp

Has anyone thought about what would happen if you had two tow trucks with identical wireless tow lights side by side on the interstate and one signaled for a lane change, would both light bars show the same signal? The reason I asked was I had two junkers loaded on a flat bed with a wireless light bar just sitting in the lot and had to leave on another tow with a different truck and left the light bar on and when I got back the light bar on the flatbed was reacting to the tow trucks signal.  Had not thought about this before.

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Had this conversation with Brian at towmate a couple years ago.Its very rare that two tow trucks with theses lights are side by side.Usually one would be passing another or either in front or behind it.The lights have a limited transmitter range ,usually only few feet past towed vehicle.However I did experiment with 2 lights and both did flash the same up to about 30 feet,but that was in perfect conditions standing still and going slowly.I not sure but I think they might have diff frequency ones.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

Just tried lights to see how far I could get and made it about 50 ft ,more than enough to interfere with another truck nearby.You must have real strong transmitter to get 100 ft or mine is starting to die.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

• 3 weeks later...

Years back I operated a 9055 with a wireless remote.  Had to unplug the Towmate transmitter for the Century wireless to operate properly when hooking up to a tow.  The wired remote didn't have the problem.  I was told by Power Touch people that the radio frequencies were shared on parts of the Towmate transmitter and the Power Touch transmitter.  One must be disable to stop the "pulsing" action on the underlift control.

Archived