Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

ERSCA - 2 Minutes of Training - Power Line Awareness

Years ago we had a car nail a pole, the pole snapped and it was laying across the road. We arrived and the police officer wanted us to lift the pole off the car and open the road. I said "sure, as soon as the electric co. tells me it's safe". The officer argued and argued with me about it, saying the house had no power so the pole must be dead. I pointed to the house next door, which still had power, and surmised that the break must be somewhere at the pole that was in 2 pieces with broken wires laying about underneath it. It got to the point where he threatened to kick me off the scene and call someone else, but before he got the chance the electric co showed up.

First thing he says was "good thing no one was trapped inside the car, all the wires draped over it were live. Power is disconnected, tell the tow guy he's safe to remove the car". Talk about a foot in mouth situation, but he never questioned me about anything after that day.

• Like 3