Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Any input on the f600 and a standard cab

I need the additional cowbells an F600 has over an F550 but I’m not stoked about a standard cab. Does anyone have actual input on the F600 and part two whats life like in a standard cab. I’m going to have as much space in  storage boxes added under the bed as possible but I haven’t even sat in a standard cab truck in many years. Let alone worked out of one. Looking at the number of times I carried more than two people it’s not a lot however I’ve had several long tows with four even five once and the rigs were heavy trucks so I’d want to be in the new F600 on them but maybe I’m overthinking that. I know Christmas Day I delivered a family 300 miles from here and the job finally was authorized because I had room for them all. 

4x4 is mandatory or id look at higher gvw class trucks seems this is about as much payload as I can get in 4x4 im ready to order one and have located a truck. I’m open to other thoughts. 

thanks Andy 

Got a call yesterday that our F600 chassis came in early, both trucks weren't supposed to be here till 3rd quarter. The body isn't ready yet so we will probably be a few months out for it. I am replacing an extended cab 550, but wasn't too happy for the standard cab only option. I guess we will see how it pans out. It's not intended to be a primary runner but I will miss the extra room.