Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Let’s help those that need it guys when we can.

• Platinum Sponsor

BW033122.thumb.jpg.ab671eb19035de6f149f8becf8e0d1bc.jpg

I just towed this car for the police no license kid was very nice but you could tell he was down and out.

BW033122B.thumb.jpg.745e89e7f1b3b7694976c62bdde37be0.jpg

So guess what we have tons of tires we take off cars to junk So, I’m going to give him not new but real nice used tires. Anytime you can help someone make sure you guys do please our industry is in a position to help those in need.

BW033122A.thumb.jpg.cf5a25569032dcbaec521fa2960e762f.jpg

• Like 8

My parents have done this or years... One guy stood around and complained about how long it was taking to swap a tire.

We were giving him the tire!!! We just ignored him and said have a good day.

Two weeks later he brought us money for that tire. We told him, the tire was on us and we were not taking his money.

Keep in mind this wasn't even a tow. We just saw him starring at his tire a block from the shop. Said he had no money and was living in his car. When he returned we didn't take his money even though he said he got a job the next day and was being paid weekly. He thanked us and said he was on a better path in part because of our kindness. Just never know when something that doesn't really cost us much can alter a person path in life.

This is a good topic for others to add their Random Acts of Kindness. Do you have any, seriously these life events alter my life.

Edited by yoBdaBenO
  • Like 2

I towed a motorhome impounded by the PD and it went the way of liensale. A young married couple who came to our church were down on their luck but not down on their faith. They too were living in a small Toyota. Both had jobs, yet they couldn't manage the cost of San Diego's high-priced housing. Having discussed their situation with our pastor, I gave to the church the MH and in turn it was donated to the couple. The church arranged a place to park and they lived the for 2-years until they could get back on their feet. Every person is capable of random acts of kindness

• Like 3

Randall C. Resch

You all have earned a lot of good karma points, for these wonderful things that you have done.

Christmas Eve morning, got a call to come jump start an suv, not more than 4 minutes away.I grabbed a jump pack, and was in my own personal pickup. On the way to town, stopped and jump started her Subaru, and noticed the battery was 7 years old. Told her no charge, Merry Christmas. Noticed that her battery was 7 years old, so after my errands, got back to the shop, and looked through the battery pile. Found a 3 year old battery, same group size, and know where she works, small town thing. On my next call, the recovery of a Tacoma from a ditch full of snow that a lady managed to park in, I took the now charged up battery, i had put on the charger.

On the way home from pulling out the Tacoma, I stopped by her work and asked her for the keys to her Subaru Forester, and told her why. She burst into tears, and hugged me, said she had neglected vehicle maintenance, because she had to help pay for her mother's expensive medication. I swapped out the battery, and checked the fluids, the oil was low, and black, so told her to stop by for a free oil change sometime soon, and i grabbed an oil filter to fit it on the way home, always have lots of oil on hand.

That very evening she popped in and i changed her oil.

She told me that some day, some way, she would repay me. I said pay it forward, I'm good.

Got to talking to an elderly woman a couple of weeks later, turns out that family although they don't have much, every Christmas dinner has her, and three other single seniors over for dinner.

Little did I know that they have paid it forward for years.

• Like 2